JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd bet money that California will be the first state to confiscate houses, cars, real estate under the "gun" bugaboo, just like how drug dealers properties are now all across the nation.

:D like the replies, so you think it will never happen to you? Oregon new law opens the door for this on everyone of us. Somebody points a finger at you and you are the prohibited person. Think guys really think.o_O

Yeah, this isn't something new. And its going after felons and mentally ill people that have been deemed unfit to have a firearm. So what? Getting guns out of the hands of felons is wrong now?
Who decides what mentally ill means?
If you have anxiety or depression, does that qualify?

At what point does a drug user become an addict?

I know people who believe that if you are religious, that your mentally ill.
It's a fine line and it's a little worrying to think that a person with no/little criminal history can be deemed unfit to own a firearm on the whim of a single judge/counselor/doctor.

Who decides what mentally ill means?
If you have anxiety or depression, does that qualify?

At what point does a drug user become an addict?

I know people who believe that if you are religious, that your mentally ill.
It's a fine line and it's a little worrying to think that a person with no/little criminal history can be deemed unfit to own a firearm on the whim of a single judge/counselor/doctor.

Well then let's just let anyone have a gun.

They specified "deemed mentally ill in a court of law".

They can't just decide that you told your doctor your depressed and get a knock on the door next day.

Yeah, this isn't something new. And its going after felons and mentally ill people that have been deemed unfit to have a firearm. So what? Getting guns out of the hands of felons is wrong now?
It's amazing that with all of the laws they have down there that prohibited people still are buying firearms. They should make some more laws about that, and this time really mean it!

It's amazing that with all of the laws they have down there that prohibited people still are buying firearms. They should make some more laws about that, and this time really mean it!

I never suggested anything of the sort. Hell, if the LEO's shouldn't go after felons with guns or people deemed mentally ill by a court of law, why have any laws at all. Might as well be pure anarchy right?

As Richardson heads for the Covina home of Benjamin Barreto, a 56-year-old with three registered guns, he points out that the "prohibited" man had not been convicted of a crime. He has several infractions, including driving without a license. Barreto is on the list because a judge said he could not possess a gun

I realize there could be pertinent information that is not included here but this doesn't sound right.

I'm gonna bow out now.

Goveror Browns new Oregon law will allow others to say you are a danger to them or yourself so one pissed neighbor or a bad divorce and the knock on the door is for you.:D Even on fake book if you battle it out with libs to keep your rights they could call you insane, paranoid etc and get your guns taken. I posted this so you can see what' Comming and there is no stopping it. Learn how to protect yourself, get smart and survive.

It was sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's why I HATE when there's a mass shooting. It gets us all fired up and passionate about what we believe in and makes us tend to turn on each other. I miss the days of talking about a new build or a great ammo deal.

:)

Yeah, that's why I HATE when there's a mass shooting. It gets us all fired up and passionate about what we believe in makes us tend to turn on each other. I miss the days of talking about a new build or a great ammo deal.

:)
It would have helped if i could have wrangled out something cogent to begin with. Lol.

Deleted my comments, ha.

No warrant? No speaking without a lawyer.
No warrant? No entry or acknowledgement.

A badge at the door doesn't mean I loose or forget my rights.

Deleted my comments, ha.

No warrant? No speaking without a lawyer.
No warrant? No entry or acknowledgement.

A badge at the door doesn't mean I loose or forget my rights.

Actually, I deleted my own. TBH I'm just tired of all these threads, there are three to four new ones a day basically saying the same thing and members arguing amongst themselves. Being a mod here, it's starting to take its toll on me.......

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top