JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heard this on the news.
I drive by the house 2x a day, along Baseline on my commute!
Next to the house is a wet lands, next to that a park. My money is on a homeless.
Code enforcement was out there the last couple of days rounding them up from the wet-lands.

Yea it says "east main" and last month there was no Century blvd which is the cross street either.
South side (down) Century is recently renamed.

upload_2017-11-3_9-56-32.png

Don't shoot into the floor / dirt - at least not on purpose.

is this the story your talking about? <broken link removed>

so basically the guy admits to committing 2 crimes.. discharging a gun in city limits (misdemeanor) and using deadly force admitting his life was not in danger (felony). How "European gentlemanly" of him...

is this the story your talking about? <broken link removed>

so basically the guy admits to committing 2 crimes.. discharging a gun in city limits (misdemeanor) and using deadly force admitting his life was not in danger (felony). How "European gentlemanly" of him...

Yeah, I heard that guy on the radio. He told the police if the bad guys come back he would shoot to kill. Not bright this one. He's setting himself up for a potential murder charge, especially if he's not shooting to defend his life, but to rather avenge a previous burglary. This is the kind of person that gives good gun owners a bad name. I hope for his sake, and ours, the bad guys don't come back a 3rd time.

Yeah, I heard that guy on the radio. He told the police if the bad guys come back he would shoot to kill. Not bright this one. He's setting himself up for a potential murder charge, especially if he's not shooting to defend his life, but to rather avenge a previous burglary. This is the kind of person that gives good gun owners a bad name. I hope for his sake, and ours, the bad guys don't come back a 3rd time.
I thought he said that if they/he came back it must mean that they want to meet their creator.
probably the same thing

if you have time watch the video in the link I shared above, the guy calls the 9mm "gentlemanly" but not the "45 bad one"... o_O

I know this man. You guys would probably like him. His house is actually pretty isolated and does have homeless living in the woods nearby. Even if he didn't specifically say he was in fear for his life (and he probably should have said it) he's really no different from the rest of us. Has no desire to kill anyone but will not hesitate to protect his family. This was a bold criminal coming back for seconds. I haven't spoken to him about the incident and wasn't there, but knowing him, I don't really second guess his actions.

Maybe he should have got one of those HD boom boxes and played a recording of guns shots thru his iPhone.
Easy enough to explain to the police.

No need. While I understand that warning shots aren't advised, in this instance the outcome was good. He made it crystal clear that his house should no longer be a target, his family remained safe, and he didn't have to live with the stresses associated with killing someone inside your own home.
The only misleading thing that may be inferred is that this is a neighborhood in the sense of being a subdivision. The directions of the shots is into a swamp. The house stands all alone so he wasn't endangering neighbors. Homeless bums do camp under the bridges near their house so I have no doubt that that is the source of his problem.
As I stated earlier, you guys would probably like him a lot if you spent any time with him. Don't let the Euro cars and accent mislead you, this dude is one of the most old school Americans you might ever meet.

Another report here with a little more info.
Hillsboro homeowner fires 'gentlemanly warning' shots to scare away intruder

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads