JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is a 60-4 38spl only with Crimson Trace grips and Pac. sleeve . Nice action ... Puts everything else to shame . :)
I shoot my 60 way better than I should shoot a small framed 357. Apparently I found exactly the right grips for it and it fits my hand better than any other handgun ever has.

60 wood.jpg

What's the suppressor?
It's not a suppressor; it's the Sound Mitigation Equipment or SME made by Witt Machine.

The company does make suppressors though.

Got the new BCM upper installed. Heated the upper up with a Benzomatic torch to fit the barrel in; then snugly tightened the barrel nut down until everything cooled; then proceeded with the tightening and torque sequence. It fits a lot better into the lower than the factory upper ever did; even when it was new when I got it in 2011. There's almost zero wobble now!

Waiting for the forward assist and ejection port cover to get delivered.

M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_4.png M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_1.png M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_2.png M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_3.png

Last Edited:
Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer .22lr rifle.
I have always been fascinated with this rifle since I was a kid. It has been in James Bond movies and George C Scott used one in Firestarter. This one is an early model judging by the low 5 digit serial number. Probably was made in the early 70's. This one has nearly perfect reliability with CCI MiniMag 40gr solids. Pretty accurate too as I had no issues getting hits on a 8 inch steel plate at 50 yards with iron sights and old eyes…

Things I don't like. The magazine feed lips are sharp and was a bit painful to load the thing. The safety also has some sharp edges and corners as well. This older model only has storage for one magazine in the buttstock. Top thumbs down is you have to detail strip the fire control parts to remove the bolt for basic cleaning. I think the new Henry models can remove the bolt without doing this but this version is a pain to clean. I linked to an Instagram post with a vid where you can audibly hear the trigger reset. The trigger is heavy but short in travel.

In summary, its a fun plinker and would be a good survival/backpacking or camp rifle because of its compact and lightweight nature.

IMG_1660.jpeg IMG_1656.jpeg IMG_1657.jpeg IMG_1662.jpeg
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C3dNTMCxWQB/?igsh=MW8wNXIzZnZyanhkMA==

Last Edited:
Got the forward assist and port cover on. YES!

Before, after, and close ups.

Nothing special, it's only another AR rifle. There are many like it, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!!!!!!!

M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_7_BEFORE.png M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_8_AFTER.png M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_5.png M&P15SportGen1_UpperReceiverPlacement_6.png

Also if you run a LANTAC enhanced BCG, you'll need to shave some material off the Magpul port cover for the cover to work properly due to the different dimensions on the BCG compared to a basic standard faced BCG.

Last Edited:
Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer .22lr rifle.
My pal of over 60 years in New Mexico had one of these in the middle 1960's. His must've been an Armalite. He decided he wanted to convert it to full auto, so he monkeyed around with the little parts in the action and it never worked right again. I wouldn't mind having one myself, but I have to draw a line somewhere.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews