JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, that's what I figured (and they're right to restrict it.) I should just suck it up and buy a .416 upper for mine so I can actually shoot locally. Still, Kenmore is where I'm probably going to join after our membership runs out at Sam's. I'm going to get our moneys' worth out of that and then move on. I do like that I got no hassle shooting suppressed at Sam's after the law changed. Lots of looks, but no objections.

Up in Arlington there's Norpoint. Discussion about it on the thread relating to their reviews and ratings.
My wife likes it much better than Sams, and we won't be going back any time soon until things change. No pompous blowhard trying to hide his insecurities, and less Asians from BC with no sense of gun safety, nor instruction in that regard.

Yea, I agree on the range safety at Sam's, the "Asians" from BC is a bit prejudice, but understand your fear of recklessness. For I am a former "Asian from BC" HOWEVER, I am trained properly, along with some good old common sense and basic following of safety rules. Hopefully, Sam's can refine somethings. We'd all like to be safe.

Yea, I agree on the range safety at Sam's, the "Asians" from BC is a bit prejudice, but understand your fear of recklessness. For I am a former "Asian from BC" HOWEVER, I am trained properly, along with some good old common sense and basic following of safety rules. Hopefully, Sam's can refine somethings. We'd all like to be safe.

I'll set this up for you to help you get the view from my wife and I. Before she decided she'd had enough of Mr Insecure, we were in one evening. The fellow behind the counter was teaching a young Asian lady how to operate a Ruger MkII, and she was listening intently, which I thought was great. We got set up and while my wife and I were putting on our eyes and ears prior to entering the range, my wife gets this bug eyed look on her face and I thought she would freak. Behind me was about five or so Asian fellows, not speaking English (not to be racist, but that clued me in on the BC source, in addition to the distinctly Canadian shoes) with an AR and a Glock. Both guns had their magazines inserted and the kids were laughing, waving them around and pointing them at each other. I was about to pull my own piece (sort of a first instinct when you see guns pointed in your general direction) when my wife pushed the AR barrel down towards the floor, away from my back. My wife was fit to be tied and I was still recovering from the shock.

So it's nothing about Asians per se, and I think you see that. It's not even about cultural differences and ignorance of gun safety. However, I do hold the lack of instruction and due diligence against the folks working the counter handing out guns and ammunition. They should be smart enough to recognize folks that come in who don't know guns and those that do. Many of us can spot that a mile away, and I certainly don't work at a range.

That is definitely NOT an ideal senario, and I feel for you and that unfortunate experience. I believe that is pure negligence with whoever was working the counter that day, definitely put you and your wife in a potentially DANGEROUS situation. Unacceptable no matter creed, color or race. Must have been a local Everett resident and his Canadian visitors because there's NO WAY Canadians, could transport those arms across the border (=jail), let alone easily OWN in Canada. Canada has strict guns laws (which would explain the idiotic behavior on their part/yet not condoning it). Canadians - in BC, Cannot carry, can only transport from residence to the range and back, even that you need a permit for.

I consider it a great privilege to live here in the USA and be able to enjoy the constitutional right to bare arms, I would hate to put anyone in any situation I wouldn't like to be in myself and glad that the majority of firearm owing Americans I've met are friendly, responsible, and knowledgeable.

I'd like to take my wife to shoot at Sam's as well, hope that I can feel safe when I bring her there as well, I'll have to use my instincts as well and be aware of who's at the range. We can only hope Sam's remedies this for the better. Thanks for your experience, something to keep an eye out for!

They have one RSO, supposedly an ex-Cop, that has the personality of a hacksaw blade.

That must have been the guy I met the ONE time I went shooting there. Never again. I can do without the attitude.

Personally I really like the guys I've dealt with at Shooting Sports Northwest in Bothell (north towards Mill Creek). It is related to Discount Gun Sales, and I've always had great treatment from those guys. And no attitude.

I have gone shooting several times here, with my Dad and a friend. It's an okay place to shoot, a little bit run down, but well within my standards. I noticed that it's a little bit dim, so it's a little hard to see the sights, but I have good eyes anyway. The guy running the counter seemed okay, not mean, but not very friendly either. Otherwise, I had a good time. One weird thing though. I was shooting a CZ-52 with some old ammo, and my Dad's friend was shooting too fast, and the guy came in and told him to slow down, at that same time, I was on the last round of my Mag, and came out of the lane to reload the magazines so I could shoot again. The guy had seen me shoot, and game me the weirdest look, it was as if he had never seen a pistol shoot so loud. He asked: "What are you shootin' there?" I replied: "A CZ-52 from 1953 with surplus ammo.". and he looked again, and couldn't seem to understand, and looked at me again, and left. I didn't know what to think, was I in trouble? I'll never know, but I didn't like being looked at in that way. But I didn't let it bother me. Then I brought out my Dad's old 1930 Broomhandle Mauser, and that thing was as loud as He!!, And I saw the guy looking through the window! was I in trouble again? maybe he was curious, but I was unsure. I'll go again, but I'll bring "Quieter" guns to make sure I'm not "In the spotlight" again.

The guy had seen me shoot, and game me the weirdest look, it was as if he had never seen a pistol shoot so loud. He asked: "What are you shootin' there?" I replied: "A CZ-52 from 1953 with surplus ammo.". and he looked again, and couldn't seem to understand, and looked at me again, and left. I didn't know what to think, was I in trouble? I'll never know, but I didn't like being looked at in that way. But I didn't let it bother me. Then I brought out my Dad's old 1930 Broomhandle Mauser, and that thing was as loud as He!!, And I saw the guy looking through the window! was I in trouble again? maybe he was curious, but I was unsure. I'll go again, but I'll bring "Quieter" guns to make sure I'm not "In the spotlight" again.

He must fill his pants when someone cranks off a round from an S&W500 or a .454 Casul.

I go there about once a month on Sunday mornings right when they open, the guy at the counter that works Sundays is just a kid and pretty laid back. The 'mean' guy that works there is OK too, just follow the range rules and you will be fine by him. On Sundays I get my choice of lanes and get in about an hour and a half of shooting for my $14 before the range gets uncomfortably crowded.

So went in there yesterday for the first time in a while. I had forgotten the warning here that they'd discontinued allowing 12 gauge shooting, so I could only shoot two of the three I'd brought. Their ammo shelf was near bare (good thing I'd gone to Wal-mart to get some stuff to shoot) and so was the gun wall/cases. They were going to restrict me from shooting suppressed because I didn't have a photocopy of my tax stamp, and proceeded to tell me why. That saved me from being really irritated to understanding, but they let me shoot suppressed anyway.

Apparently there's a deal in the works to sell the store to a prospective buyer. I asked if this was going to be an upgrade, and the guy behind the counter said, "absolutely!" I'll probably finish out my membership (EOY) and then switch to Kenmore. More variety, and I think it's actually warmer to shoot outside in the dead of winter vs. shooting in the bays at Sam's.

Apparently there's a deal in the works to sell the store to a prospective buyer.

I wonder what's left to sell? Inventory? Not much based on the last time I was in.

Good will? Not if "Tom" is still there as a Range Master.

This is a classic example of a successful business being run into the ground through apathy and ignorance.

Hope the New Owner is prepared to make an investment and turn the place around.

Dunno. They'll have to do a lot of work to do so. I would've given them a chance to negotiate on pistol prices, but they said they're not ordering anything new, period. So I bought an FNP-45 yesterday from Norpoint and will pick it up when they get it in next week.

Dunno. They'll have to do a lot of work to do so. I would've given them a chance to negotiate on pistol prices, but they said they're not ordering anything new, period. So I bought an FNP-45 yesterday from Norpoint and will pick it up when they get it in next week.

Ordering something from Norpoint? That was a "ballsy" move. Some people have ordered from them only to have to wait months for their product. Read the thead on Norpoint.

I wish you well on your order and hope it comes in on time. Others are not so lucky.

Thanks. I did read the experiences here, but I was referred by one of the owners' childhood friends (their families do a lot of things together.) I've let my buddy know and he's going to make sure it stays visible and gets done. I suppose there's always a smidge of risk there, but I'm comfortable with it knowing that I can escalate formally and informally.

Thanks. I did read the experiences here, but I was referred by one of the owners' childhood friends (their families do a lot of things together.) I've let my buddy know and he's going to make sure it stays visible and gets done. I suppose there's always a smidge of risk there, but I'm comfortable with it knowing that I can escalate formally and informally.

What I find funny is that the "owners" are lawyers. Seems strange that they would allow their staff to accept money for a product and then not deliver.

Sam's is goin through some tough times, that's for sure. After years of great service, however, I don't see the justification in crucifying them over a couple bad months during a change of ownership. Anyone that has owned a business can tell you it only takes a few pebbles to make a serious avalanche downhill. Throw in firearms, paperwork and ATF an
you get a lot of stress without a huge capital gain.
That being said, I will agree there are some serious issues that need to be addressed at Sam's. From my understanding the new owner is going to open all 4 bays, do away with holster/rapid fire restrictions, overstuff the store with guns, ammo and accessories, and lower the prices on everything from guns to range rentals.
As for the problem with inventory, lawyers from both sides of the business transaction have put a hold on ordering to keep better track of net worth for a smoother transfer of ownership.
So I'm going to keep going in (10% off all new firearms right now doesn't hurt) and hope for a fast transition. Even tho the employees can seem sullen and surly I'll try to work with them; I can imagine it's stressful to not have inventory or be able to order for dissatisfied customers.

Sam's is goin through some tough times, that's for sure. After years of great service, however, I don't see the justification in crucifying them over a couple bad months during a change of ownership. Anyone that has owned a business can tell you it only takes a few pebbles to make a serious avalanche downhill.

You're defense would make sense if it was only "a couple bad months". I've been shooting there for years and the place has been going downhill for several years. This is not something that's just occurred in the last few months.

What I find funny is that the "owners" are lawyers. Seems strange that they would allow their staff to accept money for a product and then not deliver.

Just to close loop on this one, I picked up my FNP-45 last night from Norpoint. They had told me last Thurs that the order would be made Friday morning and it would likely arrive this week; true to their word and everything I had expected. Jim got it done for me, so no complaints on handgun ordering from them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top