JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at Norpoint with my wife yesterday and a fellow there was talking about how Sam's has fired everyone's favorite ex-cop, reduced the range and store hours dramatically, and other changes I don't recall. Does anyone here have any more direct information about the status of Sam's?

I was at Norpoint with my wife yesterday and a fellow there was talking about how Sam's has fired everyone's favorite ex-cop, reduced the range and store hours dramatically, and other changes I don't recall. Does anyone here have any more direct information about the status of Sam's?

Been their a few times recently and haven't seen the ex cop since so that might be comfirmed. & the store hours have changed I know they aren't open sundays anymore but the range is and they have posted signs saying they are selling the establishment and it was hard for her (betty) to do as it was her exhusbands dream business and to please help by making the process go smooth.

glad I did not sign up to become a member when I wanted as from what I heard the new owners will not have to abide by it

also a note the three times I went I had the same RO and I went on different days and i've had nothing but good experiences with him. Although I never had a problem with anyone in the range but in the store is a different store, one of them looks at me like I have no experience with firearms and doesn't look like i want to buy anything but I never do from him

I heard that Sam's was sold last Friday that I was there. Their shelves were empty so I asked about it and they let me know that it has been sold. Not sure if they are going to keep it open or not under new management.

I heard that Sam's was sold last Friday that I was there. Their shelves were empty so I asked about it and they let me know that it has been sold. Not sure if they are going to keep it open or not under new management.

I was there last sunday and the ammo shelves were pretty stocked and I believe they had some sort of course going on as they had a group of people coming out of the store area with targets and heading up stairs.

The sign I read was that they are indeed selling but overlooking offers from several potential buyers( Wasn't worded that exact way but very close to it) I then asked the RO if you had a membership would they reimburse for what you did not get to use or will the new store/range owner honor it and he said he has not heard anything other than the notices that were placed but he did know that who ever takes over does not have to honor the membership but is possible. With that being said I will wait until there is a new owner before I do any membership sign up to any range

Any change on the Range would be an improvement and with "Tom" (or is it Thom?) gone that's a massive improvement. I'm surprised that he sported the kind of attitude he did with all those "gun toters" around.

The store has been pathetic for several years. It's amazing that in what became a "growth industry" when Obama was elected this place went the other way.

Whoever has purchased it is bound to make an improvement over what had become a worn out range with a poor excuse for a Gun Store attached.

Who knows, I might even go back and shoot there from time to time.

As for Memberships, it would be a good idea for the new owner to honor those that exist. It's really not any cash out of his pocket, just time. Who knows, those "old members" could end up buying things like ammo and accessories. I know that I used to shoot for a couple hours and then end up in the store spending another $100 or so afterward.

I don't know who was running the counter this morning for the range, but he was very pleasant and helpful. I swear they pump colder air in the shooting bays, though. I was fine outside, but I could see my breath as I shot today.

There is also a poorly-worded letter about the sale from Bonnie on the cash register.

I don't know who was running the counter this morning for the range, but he was very pleasant and helpful. I swear they pump colder air in the shooting bays, though. I was fine outside, but I could see my breath as I shot today.

There is also a poorly-worded letter about the sale from Bonnie on the cash register.

Don't the heaters work? Last time I shot there there were gas fired catalytic heaters behind the line so while it was cold, at least your @$$ didn't freeze;)

I was there last sunday and the ammo shelves were pretty stocked and I believe they had some sort of course going on as they had a group of people coming out of the store area with targets and heading up stairs.

The sign I read was that they are indeed selling but overlooking offers from several potential buyers( Wasn't worded that exact way but very close to it) I then asked the RO if you had a membership would they reimburse for what you did not get to use or will the new store/range owner honor it and he said he has not heard anything other than the notices that were placed but he did know that who ever takes over does not have to honor the membership but is possible. With that being said I will wait until there is a new owner before I do any membership sign up to any range

I went by again to use my membership for the last time couple of days ago, 12/8 was the expiration date, and the doors are still open. Didn't get to check out the store as it was already closed. I hope they stay open and the new management relaxes a little on the restrictions on shotguns and rapid fire.

Don't the heaters work? Last time I shot there there were gas fired catalytic heaters behind the line so while it was cold, at least your @$$ didn't freeze;)

Two of the three did in the left bays. We were occupying slots 3 and 4, and the heater above me was on full - when I'd step immediately back and hold my hands up I got plenty of heat. Anything a couple of feet in front or back and I didn't notice.

Poor guys on the right side couldn't get their heater on (they turned it on, did all the right things and nothing.) They kept apologizing for standing behind me while trying to warm up.

I hope they stay open and the new management relaxes a little on the restrictions on shotguns and rapid fire.

They may not. The same problem will exist under the new management as did with the old. It's the idiots that think a semi-auto rifle is for "spray n pray", not aimed shots. Likewise with the shotguns. I've been there after a group "shot up the place" and half the lights were out as well as the ceiling baffles looking like a shark had taken bites out of them. Like all other things in life, the responsible people have to give things up because of the irresponsible.

I know it's probably wishful thinking...I wish they would atleast relax on the rules for paid members.

What makes you think that "paid members" shoot any better or are more considerate than those that just come in off the street? They pay too you know.

Several years ago the worst damage in Bay 1 was caused by a Police Department. Now everyone knows that all police officers are safe and considerate shooters, right?

What makes you think that "paid members" shoot any better or are more considerate than those that just come in off the street? They pay too you know.

Several years ago the worst damage in Bay 1 was caused by a Police Department. Now everyone knows that all police officers are safe and considerate shooters, right?

oh where oh where did I mention that paid members shoot better? I never said they were. go put words in someone elses mouth. :s0077:

I don't think anyone said that paid members shoot better than day shooters. I think the implication is if you're going to have paid memberships, offer them a perk. And if they shoot up the bays, then you strip them of their membership and they're out the money they paid.

Perks to membership are nothing new - that's why most people become members of anything, right?

oh where oh where did I mention that paid members shoot better? I never said they were. go put words in someone elses mouth. :s0077:

No intention on putting any words in anyone's mouth. Just pointing out why they most likely wouldn't relax the rules.

As for a "perk", the "perk" is already figured in. A good savings on range fees if one shoots more than once per month.
Also, it's kind of tough to collect for the damage AFTER it's done. Sure, one's membership can be cancelled but it's still the owner that ends up paying for the damage.

Also along the lines of perks, I'd like to see the ranges show preference for those with memberships. Anyone ever show up at a range where you are a "member" only to be told that there's a waiting list and everyone ahead of you is a "walk in"?

It's all up to the owner but if they decide to restrict certain firearms and shooting methods, it's probably for a good reason.

Yes it must of been the same guy I dealt with because he is all I have been seeing at the counter. Other than a few other helpers.

I went by again to use my membership for the last time couple of days ago, 12/8 was the expiration date, and the doors are still open. Didn't get to check out the store as it was already closed. I hope they stay open and the new management relaxes a little on the restrictions on shotguns and rapid fire.

Yeah I really hope they stay open also, as they are in a very convenient location for me and if the new owner keeps the guy at the counter I def will be getting a membership there even if they charge a little bit more but I'd be happy if they keep it the same price but until I know for sure I am going to stick with paying per use. & hopefully the new owner allows drawing from a holster as its nice practice but I understand why they don't

Yes it must of been the same guy I dealt with because he is all I have been seeing at the counter. Other than a few other helpers.

Yeah I really hope they stay open also, as they are in a very convenient location for me and if the new owner keeps the guy at the counter I def will be getting a membership there even if they charge a little bit more but I'd be happy if they keep it the same price but until I know for sure I am going to stick with paying per use. & hopefully the new owner allows drawing from a holster as its nice practice but I understand why they don't

I hope the "Gun Store" returns to being a real "Gun Store" as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top