JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My regular glasses have the curved bow design. I'm looking for straight bow prescription shooting glasses. Headache prevention & comfort. Need a safe place to do business with online. Recommendations please! Thanks

I use HuntersHD https://huntershdgold.com/ for my shooting glasses. They have been easy to work with and have a decent selection of frames. I've had friends send in their frames, and they've cut prescriptions for them. I'm picky about my glasses, and their opticians have worked with me to make sure I'm completely satisfied.

I've use the original gold. I mainly shoot handguns with a red dot and the gold gives very good contrast and doesn't washout the dot. On occasion I'll also shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays and they work will fit the orange targets.

I've use the original gold. I mainly shoot handguns with a red dot and the gold gives very good contrast and doesn't washout the dot. On occasion I'll also shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays and they work will fit the orange targets.
I'llI will also be useing red dots. Does the original gold work well in all lighting conditions? Brite sun, heavy Grey days etc? Any negatives? Thanks

The are photochromatic so change darkness with the light. I've been using them for 3+ years and so far the only negative is the first couple of minutes adapting to the false color.

In my experience they really want you to be happy. Ask them first, but if you're not happy I'm sure they will do what it takes. My first pair of glasses I had them cut for distance only. After getting them and shooting a couple matches, I really needed bifocals so I could read the pad. I contacted them and they made me a new pair at no cost and told me to keep the original pair. Ymmv but my experience says they have top notch customer service.

The are photochromatic so change darkness with the light. I've been using them for 3+ years and so far the only negative is the first couple of minutes adapting to the false color.

In my experience they really want you to be happy. Ask them first, but if you're not happy I'm sure they will do what it takes. My first pair of glasses I had them cut for distance only. After getting them and shooting a couple matches, I really needed bifocals so I could read the pad. I contacted them and they made me a new pair at no cost and told me to keep the original pair. Ymmv but my experience says they have top notch customer service.
Wow, great info. 👍

Do you have the bifocal on the top or bottom of the lens? I don't want my shooting view obstructed but I need to be a able to read.

Jumping in on this thread. lol
I shoot action pistol, the occasional clay target game, and bird hunt. I use the same glasses for all with the traditional arrangement (near/reading at the bottom).

Do you have the bifocal on the top or bottom of the lens? I don't want my shooting view obstructed but I need to be a able to read.

Jumping in on this thread. lol
Other than looking at a tablet at a match why would you need a bifocal? I have bifocals in my regular glasses but never had a need to use them when shooting. Just saying

Other than looking at a tablet at a match why would you need a bifocal? I have bifocals in my regular glasses but never had a need to use them when shooting. Just saying
For adjusting windage and elevation knobs on a scope when taking long shots.
Also, my habit is to always look at the case head after a shot, and I need my bifocals (or cheaters) for that.

Edit to add: I use Ray Ban G15 with polycarbonate lenses. My favorite for shooting. They aren't cut for bifocals, so I always carry a set of cheaters with me.

For adjusting windage and elevation knobs on a scope when taking long shots.
Also, my habit is to always look at the case head after a shot, and I need my bifocals (or cheaters) for that.

Edit to add: I use Ray Ban G15 with polycarbonate lenses. My favorite for shooting. They aren't cut for bifocals, so I always carry a set of cheaters with me.
All good info. Didn't think about scope adjustments..been takeing off my glasses. Ha

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top