JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I recently moved into the state. Wondering where are you guys doing trainings for competition style shooting like USPSA? Is there a range that does competition style classes or allows for that type of shooting?

I belong to Chehalem Valley Sportsmans Club (Dundee), Tri-County Gun Club (Sherwood) and Albany Rifle and Pistol Club (Shedd/Albany).

TCGC allows competition style practice in the action bays after you get action bay certified. There are limits on target placement and they have the no muzzle over the berm rule.

CVSC and ARPC have action bays and you can use them without an additional certification.

ARPC is the easiest/quickest to join.

Hope that helps

I belong to Chehalem Valley Sportsmans Club (Dundee), Tri-County Gun Club (Sherwood) and Albany Rifle and Pistol Club (Shedd/Albany).

TCGC allows competition style practice in the action bays after you get action bay certified. There are limits on target placement and they have the no muzzle over the berm rule.

CVSC and ARPC have action bays and you can use them without an additional certification.

ARPC is the easiest/quickest to join.

Hope that helps
Thanks for the suggestions! I read that TCGC has a pretty long waitlist to be a member. Are they worth joining? Seems like some comments I see are that they have a bunch of rules and are pretty strict about them too.

Thanks for the suggestions! I read that TCGC has a pretty long waitlist to be a member. Are they worth joining? Seems like some comments I see are that they have a bunch of rules and are pretty strict about them too.
Rules to keep shooters and neighbors safe. So yes, worth the wait and membership. Also, take a look at Practiscore and go shoot a USPSA match at each range. I've met some great people to shoot with. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews