JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These vehicles were originally designed as anti-tank guns for use in Europe, but they would become known for their service in Vietnam. Armed with six recoilless rifles, they were terrifyingly effective against an enemy using the jungle for cover. A particularly fearsome round fired by the M50 was the M581, which contained 9,600 fléchettes (small dart-like projectiles) that would spread out toward the enemy like a super-sized shotgun. A six-gun barrage of these rounds from a single Ontos launched 58,000 projectiles at the enemy. https://tankhistoria.com/cold-war/m50-ontos/
nc_ohc=_9iYMub_cCcAX-_hok-&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

Webley (WWII era) pellet gun.

Webley senior.jpg

This is an early armored mobile artillery system, the Fahrpanzer. The Fahrpanzer was created in Germany in the late 1800s as a piece of protected artillery that could be moved into positions for combat, and pulled out the way when not in use.

Within the upper, semi-hemispherical section of the armored body was a 5.3cm Gruson quick-firing gun. Interestingly, this section was a primitive turret, as it could rotate.

Fahrpanzers would be brought to a location and mounted on narrow-gauge railway tracks. With the use of these tracks, they could be moved to different firing positions as needed.
Fahrpanzers travelled longer distances on horse carriages, as seen in this image. 1f447.png
https://militaryhistoria.com/fahrpanzer/
nc_ohc=NZ_wYELOyaEAX8eU0Rh&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

This is an early armored mobile artillery system, the Fahrpanzer. The Fahrpanzer was created in Germany in the late 1800s as a piece of protected artillery that could be moved into positions for combat, and pulled out the way when not in use.

Within the upper, semi-hemispherical section of the armored body was a 5.3cm Gruson quick-firing gun. Interestingly, this section was a primitive turret, as it could rotate.

Fahrpanzers would be brought to a location and mounted on narrow-gauge railway tracks. With the use of these tracks, they could be moved to different firing positions as needed.
Fahrpanzers travelled longer distances on horse carriages, as seen in this image. View attachment 1834235
https://militaryhistoria.com/fahrpanzer/
View attachment 1834236
Looks like an aroused "Minion".

Mister Cannon Guy! Oh, Mister Cannon Guy! (aka @The Heretic )

What gun is this? My Grandfather (Expeditionary Force) stands next to it as Crew Chief far right, and reportedly this photo was taken outside of Paris, 1918.

Always wondered what the Name/Model of this gun is. Mobile Howitzer of some sort?

1709321047455.jpeg

What gun is this? My Grandfather (Expeditionary Force) stands next to it as Crew Chief far right, and reportedly this photo was taken outside of Paris, 1918.

Always wondered what the Name/Model of this gun is. Mobile Howitzer of some sort?

View attachment 1834322
I have no idea.
I am just copy/pasting gun snippets from FB Militaria groups that I notice and think would be interesting to people subbed to this thread.

View attachment 1834322
7" tractor mount Mark V is very close...

7-inch_Tractor_Mount_Mark_V_gun,_preparation_for_proof_firing_(18317002498).jpg

1709601707222.png
Prototype triple-bore H&R SPIW rifle with attached three-round, semi-automatic underbarrel 40㎜ grenade launcher. Fires a unique triple shot 5.6㎜ tround type cartridge.

1709601822234.png

Weird enough for ya?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top