JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1708291646842.png
WWI Webley with Pritchard Bayonet.

View attachment 1825702

OSS "Bigot" modified M1911, dart firing pistol. The idea was a quiet way to dispatch sentries and the like.
This reminds me of my Marksman pistol. It looks like a 1911 and the last couple of inches of the barrel tip up for loading. The original ones also could shoot small darts. Mine is a later version intended for BB's only. In the rotating breech, above the barrel is a cavity (magazine) that holds BBs. Mine was built with little protrusions that limited rotation and only allowed access to the magazine, but the earlier versions opened farther, exposing the barrel. I modified mine by eliminating the protrusions, allowing me to single load pellets. Or darts, if I had any. :D

Marksman Air Pistol.jpg Marksman darts.jpg

This reminds me of my Marksman pistol. It looks like a 1911 and the last couple of inches of the barrel tip up for loading. The original ones also could shoot small darts. Mine is a later version intended for BB's only. In the rotating breech, above the barrel is a cavity (magazine) that holds BBs. Mine was built with little protrusions that limited rotation and only allowed access to the magazine, but the earlier versions opened farther, exposing the barrel. I modified mine by eliminating the protrusions, allowing me to single load pellets. Or darts, if I had any. :D

View attachment 1825719 View attachment 1825722
This was the bb gun I learn to shoot pistol . Would setup ketchup packets on a post and get a great response . :)

This is an Italian prototype of a MIAS mobile armored shield, built in the mid-1930s.
Its purpose was to provide its operator with a mobile machine gun and some protection, to enable them to fire under cover.
The design was a simple one, consisting of a semi-enclosed compartment that protected a single man and carried two machine guns. It was powered by a 5 hp Frera engine and ran on a basic track system.
The rear section was left open, so the MIAS only provided protection from the front and sides. The roof section was hinged and could be raised by the operator if needed.
It was only armored enough to defend against 7.92mm Mauser armor-piercing rounds, and was not designed to withstand anything remotely "anti-tank".
Another version, the MORAS, was armed with a 45 mm Bixia mortar. Neither of the designs were produced.
Another interesting design…..
https://tankhistoria.com/experimental/pak-40-auf-rso/

nc_ohc=nUh0ZVDoOu8AX-F0F-d&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

This is an Italian prototype of a MIAS mobile armored shield, built in the mid-1930s.
Its purpose was to provide its operator with a mobile machine gun and some protection, to enable them to fire under cover.
The design was a simple one, consisting of a semi-enclosed compartment that protected a single man and carried two machine guns. It was powered by a 5 hp Frera engine and ran on a basic track system.
The rear section was left open, so the MIAS only provided protection from the front and sides. The roof section was hinged and could be raised by the operator if needed.
It was only armored enough to defend against 7.92mm Mauser armor-piercing rounds, and was not designed to withstand anything remotely "anti-tank".
Another version, the MORAS, was armed with a 45 mm Bixia mortar. Neither of the designs were produced.
Another interesting design…..
https://tankhistoria.com/experimental/pak-40-auf-rso/

View attachment 1827139
Looking at that picture, all I can say is

1591F585-E3DF-4DBE-B1B3-0FB41D5FF574.jpeg

"Developed during the Civil War year of 1864, this 50-ton, 20-inch smoothbore Rodman gun gave the U.S. Army the largest muzzle-loading cannon ever made. It was artilleryman Thomas J. Rodman of the Ordnance Department who perfected a method that cast the bigger cannon in a water tube cooling the metal from inside out first. This would strengthen the gun enough to use 100 lbs of black powder charge firing 1080 lb cannonballs up to 5 miles! Only two 20 inch Rodman were made - one at Fort Hancock and one at Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn. Neither of them was fired in anger! - National Park Service."
1709097683647.png

source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/397038700209/posts/10161158862265210

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top