JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The buyer is unimportant in this matter. I would advise his name to not be posted because he is not the issue here. He paid for the gun, and was willing to pay for the transfer. No need for him to be drug down with this.

It was the buyer's responsibility to make sure he followed the law in his own state and to make sure that the FFL dealer would accept the firearm. If the buyer actually told Sam's-used-cars... err... the dealer that PP was an FFL then he truly is the issue.

That said, we know what state he is from and not being indicated here will just make some of us decide not to deal with anyone from that state (if there are more than one).

Hi Playboy Penguin! I don't personally know you, however; I would and hopefully will deal with you in the future! As you can tell by now, you have all our support. My wishes for a speedy end to this craziness!

Respectfully,
Will

P.S. Mr. Arizona, you have lost innumerable supporters here!

In my experience, penguin (a real person BTW Sam) is a real good and honorable dude.

It's true that we must use people like Sam to conduct these kinds of transactions, and that really makes the onus on Sam, the alleged professional, to conduct business as professional as possible with good communication. If the misspelling of the words in his post are any indication of his level of professionalism, Sam has failed everyone in this instance. Buyer, seller, himself.

Seems to me that the buyer, who went with Sam, should be walking into the shop on his end and staring Sam down with a local reporter or 3 by his side. Then Sam the cockroach would be running for the dark when the light of truth was shone on him and his actions in this transaction.

Makes ya wonder how many others SAMS SHOOTERS EMPORIUM has messed over. My advice to you Sam, is to call the ATF, and if you are not violating any laws, make an exception to your rule and get the buyer the gun ASAP before he calls the police and reports it stolen. Then forget it and move on. Because if it was me, I'd be all over you on this 6 ways to Sunday and you would pay much more for your stupidity than you would ever believe in bad publicity.

I understand that you want to follow the law, but it's been 3 weeks. Instead of folks over, on customers and causing problems, you could have already called the ATF. So call and get the rules on this figured out and as at least one dealer has already posted on this thread that PPB is right on this it means you are wrong: then follow through and get the buyer his pistol. It's not rocket science.

Wishing the buyer and seller well here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing i see that i think got missed is how did the sams shooters supply know that he was being talked about if the buyer didn't tell him who did?
also look at sams join date it's this month. i think i would make a big deal about how long the dealer has had the gun without talking to the ATF or try to resolve the issue. I have sold some high end rifles over the net and never had a issue but i was also warned that some ffl's can be pissy about who they receive guns from.
i usually will only do face to face now because it's a pain to drive all the way down to ups hub since nobody will take the gun around here. it's about 15 miles each way.
i still contend that if you are from another state you shouldn't have the option to buy/sell but still be able to contribute on all the rest of the forum.

PbP-

This thread is like story from a Walt Disney movie... 'The little Playboy Penguin Who Could', a story about a poor little penguin who just wanted to set his little handguns free and share them with the world. One day, during a scary out-of-state transfer, the happy and humble penguin was told by a wild and wooly out of state FFL that his sad little pistol couldn't go home to her new home....

You get the idea of it.

This forum is more of community and it is a pleasure how we take care of each other, espically a guy like our very own PbP.

SF-

PbP-

This thread is like story from a Walt Disney movie... 'The little Playboy Penguin Who Could', a story about a poor little penguin who just wanted to set his little handguns free and share them with the world. One day, during a scary out-of-state transfer, the happy and humble penguin was told by a wild and wooly out of state FFL that his sad little pistol couldn't go home to her new home....

You get the idea of it.

This forum is more of community and it is a pleasure how we take care of each other, espically a guy like our very own PbP.

SF-
Hey SF what ya sippin lol. going to the show?
i'll be in the saturday only.

Interesting thread to read. You have my support David!

I have heard so many horror stories before, that I always ask "Are you sure that your FFL will accept private party shipments", or I contact the FFL directly.

I'm confused as to why PP is being so helpful. It's one thing to be a stand up guy, and another to get worked over.

The buyer chose this FFL. PP did what he was asked to do by the buyer. It's the buyer's FFL. The FFL can release the gun to the buyer but he won't.

PP delivered 100% on his end. Why is this not the buyer's problem?

PP, the MOST I would do is provide a local FFL they can send the gun back to so that your FFL can turn it right around back to them. I might pay some of the shipping. I wouldn't take a gun back and refund if it had been out of my custody for so long.

And BTW, I believe that UPS (last I knew) will ship a handgun ground, while Fed Ex requires overnight.

And for someone who mentioned it, that would be me who posts cautions about sellers from Fla and Ga., etc. I've bought 4 guns this year from actual FFL's with great feedback on gunbroker and 2 of the deals were difficult due to sloppy business practices. (Lost faxes, lost, then found MO's - just hassles.)

Good luck PP. I admire you but you're doing more than I would do. :s0155:

I don't think I have ever dealt with the Penguin at this point, can't honestly remember, but I wouldn't hesitate to.

However, I know which dealer I would NEVER purchase from now on.

PBP buys a lot retail and sells back to his dealer and has offered us the same deal his FFL was offering to pay, I don't think the IRS wants to touch it and find he's got a heap of extra deductions :p

I can just see the following thread "How my audit bought my new AR-15"
Yeah, I almost always lose money when I sell a gun I tire of...I just consider the lost money a rental fee for the time I had the gun. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top