JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I purchased a shotgun on line for a friend of mine and had it shipped to my local ffl. Do I also need to do a background check or just my friend who I bought it for? I'm in washington state and so is my friend.

Just the transferee of the firearm.

These kinds of deals do raise the neck hairs of a lot of dealers though as it smells to them like a straw purchase.

In the future, It would be best to just give the person the cash ahead of time and let them go through the entire purchase process themselves.

I purchased a shotgun on line for a friend of mine and had it shipped to my local ffl. Do I also need to do a background check or just my friend who I bought it for? I'm in washington state and so is my friend.
Honestly, I'm not sure he can pick it up. Unless the online shop allowed you to use his name but your billing information, then they won't release it to anybody but you. At that point, I'm not sure on the legality of turning around and doing a transfer to him.

Good luck.

IMG_3744.jpeg

In all honesty if you bought it under your name you will be better to go in and pay the BCG/transfer fee and then turn around and transfer it out of your name and into your friends name. Twice the cost/time/paperwork but half the hassle.

In all honesty if you bought it under your name you will be better to go in and pay the BCG/transfer fee and then turn around and transfer it out of your name and into your friends name. Twice the cost/time/paperwork but half the hassle.
You may consider waiting a period so they can't claim you lied on the 4473 that the gun was for you. IMHO, it looks pretty sketchy if you turn around and transfer to him, but that's my opinion man.

You may consider waiting a period so they can't claim you lied on the 4473 that the gun was for you. IMHO, it looks pretty sketchy if you turn around and transfer to him, but that's my opinion man.
I'd wait like a month and say I didn't like it or had bills. Whatever. I didn't mean to do it in the same day. Haha. Better hope nothing happens with 114. lol.

Legal…… Yes.
Raise eyebrows……. Yes.

I purchased a shotgun on line for a friend of mine
How are you going to answer this question on the 4473?

"Are you the actual transferee/buyer of all of the firearm(s) listed on this form..."

I know you are new to the forum (welcome) but I highly suggest reading up and understanding firearm purchase laws. Your friend really needed to buy his own gun. Many would consider the part of your post that I quoted as an admission of a federal felony, a la Hunter Biden.

Don't be surprised because, LOL.....
The FFL could just score two transfer fees.

Not saying.....
That it's a legal interpretation.
Or that skirting the LAW is the way to go here.

Besides.......

1700515157529.png

YEAH. IMHO it could have all been avoided.

Not to mention that.......I wonder IF, in the days of the "founding father's," BGCs and such were also done?

"......shall not be infringed."

Awwwwww.......Come On Man
How else, would people feel safe?

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR