JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Before I am chastised by the regular chastiser(s), yes I have searched, but cannot find an answer...

I now see an option for choosing either Overview or New Posts.

Why and what's the difference? Some of the topics remain the same on both, but not all.o_O

I see a colorful banner atop the page when I click the "New Posts" link. That banner may explain why Overview and New Posts currently look the same to you. Or not.
I'm using a laptop; it's possible that other devices may not display that page the way I see it. Here's the text that I see in that banner:

"The New link will now take you to this overview page by default. Choose your preferred New link destination (new posts, new classifieds, etc) in your Account Preferences."

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
I do not see a banner. But I did find an avenue to choose New Posts as a preference, thanks to your guidance.

But what is the difference between the two choices?

Upvote 0
Good to hear you found the setting to choose the destination.

I do not see a banner.
It looks like you may have previously dismissed it :)

But what is the difference between the two choices?
Excellent question.

The overview page uses basic lists with new content ordered by date. This is best for people who want to get an overview of everything going on across all areas of the community.

The new pages for specific content types (e.g. New Posts, New Resources, etc) have the ability to filter, allowing each member to customize each of these pages to show exactly what they want and save those settings as their default. For example, the default filter on the New Posts page is set to Unread, meaning it only threads with unread posts will be shown on the list.

1701387385770.png

Unfortunately, these options also make it a fairly complex system. Let me know if you have additional questions :)

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR