JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Preparedness doesn't necessarily equal bugging out. Bugging out is your last choice. Bugging in should be the first course of action :thumb:

I continuously work on my bug out kit, and plan, as I live in an apartment complex... might not be the best place to be when crap goes down... but it's worth trying to make the best of things staying put first. Should I need to, I am sure I can get out of the area if I had to.
well you can head down this way if it hits the fan and ya cant make it to your folks sorry i couldnt make it to shoot last time

Last Edited:
If you don't mind driving up the Bothell-Everett hwy a bit there is a good group of preppers that meet just past Mill Creek, here's a link:
<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

A memo just received.
More people need to get involved.

" Elias Alias here. I work with Oath Keepers National and also with Montana Oath Keepers. I'm writing to each of you to give you contact info for two people who will help coordinate Oregon Oath Keepers activity. Oath Keepers does not divulge our members' contact info, so these two gentlemen have no idea how to reach each of you unless you contact them and give them your contact info.

This activity is for organizing Oregon State Oath Keepers membership activity only. If you want a contact for official Oath Keepers organizational action, please contact one of these two individuals by phone or email and give your email address and your phone number so he can put you on his list to call or email with news and/or alerts.

In Northern Oregon your contact person is Jeff Ford.

Jeff Ford * Jeff lives at or near Corvallis, Oregon. Email: Jeff Ford <[email protected]> Phone: 714-478-1386

For Southern Oregon, Tom McKirgan * Tom lives at or near Coquille, Oregon. Email: "Tom McKirgan" <[email protected]> Phone: 541-396-1326 "

Get a good 2M handheld and mobile. No code req for a simple tech lic. Keep coms short & sweet.
Get rechargable and std batt pks.

I'm not sure this post is in the right area, and without context it might sound confusing to some. So I'll paraphrase and you can correct me if I'm wrong.

He's saying to pick up some 2 Meter HAM shortwave radios presumably for emergency communications. 1 for your vehicle and 1 to carry in your backpack.

It requires that you take a Technian Class exam with the FCC as only licensed operators may legally transmit on the 2 Meter frequency (but not to listen).

There is no longer a requirement to learn morse code to pass the technician exam so it's not too tough to get your license.

Any Skagit, No. Sno, S whatcom like minded folks... ? I ' like a local option in case I can't make it through 100 miles of zombie no man's land to my relatives place. Or even just talk, burn powder occasionally and compare notes.

Brutus out

I'm not sure this post is in the right area, and without context it might sound confusing to some. So I'll paraphrase and you can correct me if I'm wrong.

He's saying to pick up some 2 Meter HAM shortwave radios presumably for emergency communications. 1 for your vehicle and 1 to carry in your backpack.

It requires that you take a Technian Class exam with the FCC as only licensed operators may legally transmit on the 2 Meter frequency (but not to listen).

There is no longer a requirement to learn morse code to pass the technician exam so it's not too tough to get your license.
Finally! A fellow member to help school me on a HAM operators license/info.
Its something Ive wanted to get into lately but wasn't sure where to start or what the best cheapest equipment is.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews