JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would be interested in having a group meet up in Portland ...

Thanks for the thread Cyborg.:s0155:
Anybody in the NE Portland area want to chat about this?
I'm not an over the top survivalist, however, I have been preparing with food, water storage, guns and a house with 1" thick concrete stucco that could be made a little more secure than typical wood construction.

Will

Spokane County. Located about 20 miles north of Spokane. Would like to meet others like minded in the Mead, Chattaroy, Riverside, Elk areas. Time is getting close folks. I don't think we have alot of time left for preparing.

Im in the Oly AO. Snowmageddon 2012 was a good lil test run. I was off grid for 6 days, all was fine. found a couple flaws in my plan, like not enough small bill cash on hand. The www was down so no Credit or Debit cards worked. other than that we were comfy and warm!

Underdog here is interrested in getting together with outhers. I'm just starting out, but have my BOB ready and need support with others in the community to work together and prepair as a community. I know we can't surive long on our own and could learn more from others. Let me know when you are planning to meet. you can reach me at dts5879@yahoo

Thanks

Well as a sheepdog its in my interest to watch the herd and not get to caught up in any one animal. I don't want or need anyone knowing my plan, equipment, training, or location. I hate to be cynical but I have a small family to take care of not a neighborhood. If I were single Id share my knowledge and skill but I have to take care of those closest to me first. If and when the SHTF I will ride out the first part and drop any zombie non prepper's who pose a threat to my family's well being.

After time gos by though and its manageable I will be willing to help, I will try to be a good Christian man but God took me from the military and gave me a family so that they would have a warrior to protect them not the libtard's down the street who thought the uncle sugar train would last forever.

I can see after a certain amount of time helping to police the area, and forming a good response team. But I think it will be just to dangerous for some time in many areas. Where I live it will be far better in terms of safety and food than in the inner city's of LA, San Francisco, etc.

I am open to changing my mind however so Ill read more and see what I think.

I think you guys (and gals) are nuts! :s0131: If anything was to happen government will take care of us ......

Dang! I cracked myself up. :s0114:

The bigger question how many here will be at the expo center this weekend ?

I'm in Clackamas

I'm in Hillsboro. Would be cool to grab lunch and see what other people are up to.

There were quite a few Hillsboro people early in this thread (Strange, for being a relatively small town)....but that was close to 2 years ago!

Not a prepper in many folks minds, but I do believe in being ready for the most likely scenarios. Deciding what those are is an ongoing project. Some that come to mind are that would effect me; wild fire, earthquake, storms, nuclear war anywhere, certain terrorist attacks, Volcano activity, pandemic, EMP (natural or man made), monetary crisis, etc. Some I can prepare for and some not so much. Since we live in the country, I consider us already "bugged out" and plan to stay where I am, except in the case of wild fire. In that case, our motor home/camper is always ready to go.

Nothing like a good old fashioned disaster to bring neighbors together. During the heavy snow in 1969 (42" in my front yard) folks were coming out of nowhere to help. It was a good time as well as a bad time. I suspect , in the short term, this will be the norm. Long term may be something different.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top