JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do they ever reference, or mention any methods, or alternative, non-firearm weapons they deem acceptable for defending themsleves?
Portland protest fire dance
6F709CBD-63FC-48C3-BEBD-ED69EDBD24C9.jpeg

Last Edited:
Do they ever reference, or mention any methods, or alternative, non-firearm weapons they deem acceptable for defending themsleves?
no, most I know dont really worry about personal defense. Most are quite capable, some may even take martial arts. Maybe pepper spray at most is usually an acceptable idea when brought up but the topic itself is usually just shrugged off as some low statistical odd not worth worrying about.

they havent figured it out yet or we wouldnt be losing our right. Most average non-gun types I know are fine with the idea of defending themselves just not with a gun. They think that the idea of carrying a gun every day is living in fear.
Most average non gun types also have never even been punched in the face or knocked out by someone 2x their size either.

Once that actually happens to them they'll realize sometimes you need more than thoughts and prayers to protect yourself.

Trying to defend yourself unarmed against an armed attacker is a thing of movie for the average non trained civilian. Even defending yourself with a bat or knife against an attacker with a knife is is no easy feat. It is fairly likely you're gonna end up getting stabbed in the process even if you're successful in stopping the attack.

no, most I know dont really worry about personal defense. Most are quite capable, some may even take martial arts. Maybe pepper spray at most is usually an acceptable idea when brought up but the topic itself is usually just shrugged off as some low statistical odd not worth worrying about.
this is why I brought up the bowling ally scenario where the shooter shot many people
your going out on League night with your family
you know your going to be drinking beer
even if you had a carry permit, your not going to carry in the bowling ally

this is why I brought up the bowling ally scenario where the shooter shot many people
Pays to be sober.

My family is more important than drinking beer...I choose to stay sober and carry. I can drink all I want at home by myself like a winner! 😁

I'd at least have my pocket 380 on me but not sure it'd be a great tool vs an AR in this situation. Maybe as a distraction to draw the shooters attention away so my family/friends could get out safety.

Most average non gun types also have never even been punched in the face or knocked out by someone 2x their size either.

Once that actually happens to them they'll realize sometimes you need more than thoughts and prayers to protect yourself.

Trying to defend yourself unarmed against an armed attacker is a thing of movie for the average non trained civilian. Even defending yourself with a bat or knife against an attacker with a knife is is no easy feat. It is fairly likely you're gonna end up getting stabbed in the process even if you're successful in stopping the attack.
And most average people (pro or anti gun regardless) will never be punched in the face or even attacked. Comfort and safety bring complacency.

My family is more important than drinking beer...I choose to stay sober and carry. I can drink all I want at home by myself like a winner! 😁
I take it you don't bowl
never met a bowler who didn't drink beer
so you and your family wouldn't have been in a bowling ally that night and it would not have been an issue for you

The bowling alley scenario is a good analogy, people want to go out and enjoy life and socialize with friends and not have to worry about personal protection. And technically thats the ideal situation most people enjoy.

I'd at least have my pocket 380 on me but not sure it'd be a great tool vs an AR in this situation. Maybe as a distraction to draw the shooters attention away so my family/friends could get out safety.
back in the day when i bowled, i didn't even carry a wallet on me when i stepped to the line
maybe one would carry in their bowling bag, but not in their clothing when they're on the line

I take it you don't bowl
never met a bowler who didn't drink beer
so you and your family wouldn't have been in a bowling ally that night and it would not have been an issue for you
I don't bowl....but I do like beer. I don't tend to do much that doesn't involve hunting, fishing or other outdoor activities. I don't like crowds or being around folks I don't know. I have a small but close group of friends....guess I'm kinda a recluse

Geez…. RIGHT on cue as the anti-2A's have been taking a serious overall beating in the courts.

:rolleyes:
There was a report on the news the other night about gun sales soaring due to all the Jews flocking to gun shops and becoming first time gun owners in response to the events in Israel. We can't have people wanting to defend themselves.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top