JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are those covered under Les Schwab's road hazard replacement warranty?

This morning, I drove by the Nazarene Church food bank and the shiny, newer cars were lined up by the dozens. At a glance, I didn't noticed anything near as old as my 2006 Mercury.

Better that people think you're struggling. "Look at that poor old many driving his old car." They will be less likely to ask you for something. You are less likely to be a target of car jacking.

That's my current plan.

I've made good choices in vehicles, and if they need something I have the time to fool with them now.

I was going to say, "Look for the white puke in Cali" but a later post says they found him. Locally. I guess they aren't from Cali anymore.

Well said. I drove a 1966 Ford Fairlane (bought used) for about 25 years. Many an evening was spent rolling around on the ground under the car so I would have a ride to work the next morning. In 2005 (at age 55) I bought the first new car of my life. Boy what a relief is was to not have to "get out and get under" anymore. Plus, I was looking forward to some long drives in my retirement, which was a couple of years away. Now that "new" car is 20 years old; I just changed to collector car insurance because I don't drive it much anymore, but it's still in excellent condition. I'm trying to save it, I guess.

I drove the 66 Ford Fairlane so long, that by the time I sold it, it had collector value and I got a lot more money out of it than I paid, plus all the miles driven.

I had this theory that the environmental cost of changing cars every so many years was higher than keeping an old fuel inefficient car going a longer time Meaning, the amount of energy and materials that go into making a new car has a higher environmental impact than most people realize. This concept is kind of like the idea that electric vehicles are "Green." The source of energy has merely been moved farther away.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

My company truck with gas card does 99% of my driving. Weekday 100% or weekend 75%

My 98 ram does the hauling or the dragging the dogs around.

Wife's 4runner fills in everything else

It's fun buying a new vehicle outright from a dealership. The loan guy was squirming like a toad. He did not want the check we brought. Almost felt sorry for the guy . Almost
I didn't tell them until it was time to do the paperwork. About a zillion fine-print pages of finance terms were plopped down and he stated the spiel.
I pulled out a check for the full amount and passed it over.

The sales manager said that he had to go and talk it over with his boss . . . I think he actually went to change his diapers

I didn't feel sorry at all :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR