JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the authorities show up wanting in the safe they are going to get in.
I agree but also its on the individual to make it as hard as possible for them to gain access. I get not wanting to lose the $1k+ but its the principle of not just letting the state walk all over you, be a pain in their bubblegum about it. Also anyone who thinks a multimillion dollar company cares about your privacy/rights is laughable.

Libertys response should have been a policy update to tell the feds to pound sand from now on.
They did, they claim they now require a subpoena to give gov access codes. But its too late for that, the trust is lost. There is information out there on how to change the managerial code so that it differs from the one logged in their system.

So basically Liberty is telling their customers they have to give up services they paid Liberty for in order to protect the contents of what they invested in a safe for.

Liberty effed us over.

I agree but also its on the individual to make it as hard as possible for them to gain access. I get not wanting to lose the $1k+ but its the principle of not just letting the state walk all over you, be a pain in their bubblegum about it. Also anyone who thinks a multimillion dollar company cares about your privacy/rights is laughable.
There are untold hours of video of people who when someone is told "you are under arrest" who do this. See how hard they can make it. Hey fun to watch and to each his own. Not something I would try but adults are free to make adult choices. Meanwhile as gun owners rush to get that gun out and shoot their foot over this law makers are busy doing some actual harm to them. We deserve to keep losing.

There are untold hours of video of people who when someone is told "you are under arrest" who do this. See how hard they can make it. Hey fun to watch and to each his own. Not something I would try but adults are free to make adult choices. Meanwhile as gun owners rush to get that gun out and shoot their foot over this law makers are busy doing some actual harm to them. We deserve to keep losing.
Im not saying to physically resist arrest but to take pre-emptive steps to make their search of your property a hinderance. Also its that nihilistic mindset that causes us to lose.

Stating they did something in the past is just that, the past. This now sets a precedent within the legal system and now it will be used by that legal system.

If a judge or agency is wise, they will have the warrant state this every time moving forward.

They would have been better off saying nothing and prey this washes over.

To me it would be nice to know that if the pad just died there was some way into the safe other than cut the damn thing open.
I'm betting most if not all safe companies retain the magic code linked to a serial number for the electronic locks. I know, from personal experience, that some other companies do. The (likely Chinese made) locks have a secondary code on them as a failsafe to get in if something goes wrong with the lock. The company I interacted with advised it worked most of the time (it did in my case when the lock went bad, fortunately). Otherwise, a licensed locksmith has to contact the safe company for the exact location on where to drill and how to open the safe. Of course, this is after you jump through hoops on having documents notarized that you own the safe, photos, etc. Some safes also have the magic "key" which seems easier to defeat.

I've learned a lot from my safecracking locksmith.
and heres the fact check to back that up...
To be fair, according to that report, all the money came from individuals (i.e., employees and owners). Okay, nevermind.

I have two of their safes, a large one and a nightstand biometric single safe. I'm not happy with all of this.

I was reading that in 2021 liberty was sold to a leftist company (democrat) so there really is no surprise they would help cops go after guns.

Monomoy Capital Partners is the new owners and supposedly gave $400,000 to the Democrat party.

Which means if you buy a Liberty safe you a financing the confiscation of your guns because you support democrats.

I'm betting most if not all safe companies retain the magic code linked to a serial number for the electronic locks. I know, from personal experience, that some other companies do. The (likely Chinese made) locks have a secondary code on them as a failsafe to get in if something goes wrong with the lock. The company I interacted with advised it worked most of the time (it did in my case when the lock went bad, fortunately). Otherwise, a licensed locksmith has to contact the safe company for the exact location on where to drill and how to open the safe. Of course, this is after you jump through hoops on having documents notarized that you own the safe, photos, etc. Some safes also have the magic "key" which seems easier to defeat.

I've learned a lot from my safecracking locksmith.

To be fair, according to that report, all the money came from individuals (i.e., employees and owners). Okay, nevermind.
Most consumer grade safes aren't worth a locksmiths time. Anything under 4-5k likely is more for mental security than anything else.

I worked for a company CSG that did physical security maintenance and installations at banks throughout Nevada, California, Oregon and Washington. One of the technicians I worked closely with ran his own business on the side for residential work. Sometimes I'd go along and take a cut if he needed a second hand. Sub 2k safes weren't hard at all to open. Only once did we have to drill the side and whack the linkage, most linkages are mild steel, so whacking them linearly with a sledge hammer and a punch through a well placed hole would snap or bend the linkage allowing the hardened steel rods to simply move out of the way and the door would open.

Any safe with any sort bypass was simply picked. He could do those in less than a 15 minute visit. With a 1 hour minimum it was good money! I often thought of trying to go solo because of him. Only downside was the hours, he would get calls at all hours to let people into their own homes or cars or safes etc.

Left the industry when I moved to OR because the company didn't keep me on, that's another story.

Moral of the story, I learned a lot about what it takes to secure actual cash, like a cities worth of cash, and it opened my eyes to what the gun safe markets lack, which is a lot.

Gun safes are mental safeties. Piece of mind. If you want a safe for physical security, they cost at least 5k and up.

For anyone that didn't read past the headline the LEO's didn't take anything, they just recorded all the SN's, one might guess so they have a record should he be convicted of the felony charges and need to divest himself of all firearms

Im actually more pissed i supported a gunsafe company that is now donating to get anti gun politicians elected.
Don't trip about that fact. How many other companies that you buy from do the same? Levis was giving cash incentives for employees to go to anti gun protests. Unless you produce all of your own goods there is no way to avoid companies who's ideals don't align with yours.

Most consumer grade safes aren't worth a locksmiths time. Anything under 4-5k likely is more for mental security than anything else.

Gun safes are mental safeties. Piece of mind. If you want a safe for physical security, they cost at least 5k and up.
To me my gun safes have never been something to try to keep anyone out of who had any knowledge of even tools. They are there for two reasons. First one to keep the drug addict who breaks a window and comes in from grabbing the guns and running off to the dealer.
Two legal liability. Those who leave their guns sitting in a drawer can often find they need a lawyer after the guns are stolen and used in a crime. Having them in any kind of safe goes a LONG way to protect them from this. So again to each his own. Those who think unless they buy a vault small banks would use they should leave the guns in a closet? Hey they are their guns to do with as they please. :s0092:

Nearly all "security devices", locks, safes, cables, car locks, locking whatevers are intended to defeat the casual criminal, not a dedicated criminal or someone who researches how to defeat items. Most crooks will just try car doors to see which ones are open. That was easy.

Likewise, most "fire safes" are only casually fire resistant. My locksmith opened several safes from the canyon fire and he said everything was pretty much destroyed inside...except his. These were hot, long-term burns. If you live in a city with city fire that arrives in 10 minutes you have a chance. If you are rural, you need a better safe.

Don't trip about that fact. How many other companies that you buy from do the same? Levis was giving cash incentives for employees to go to anti gun protests. Unless you produce all of your own goods there is no way to avoid companies who's ideals don't align with yours.
Budweiser got taken down to the tune of billions so every time people just quit supporting the democrats it's better for all of us. Shop smart and do your best not to finance our enemies.

That's very true but theres a huge difference with brands that sell products in the gun industry, should not be funding anti gun politicians.

That's very true but theres a huge difference with brands that sell products in the gun industry, should not be funding anti gun politicians.
I agree that there is a moral conflict here but we can never rely/trust a company to have the same morals as we do about things even in this industry, hell it was Bill Ruger that started the 10 round mag limit argument.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top