JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had my Liberty for 6 years now and I've never had any issue. I've replaced the battery once.
Do they have that key to open them if something happens? The one I bought came with a special key that I can open it with if the dial up and dies. I have heard a few mention some other came like this. Mine is China made so I am sure the exact safe is sold with other names stamped on it.

Do they have that key to open them if something happens? The one I bought came with a special key that I can open it with if the dial up and dies. I have heard a few mention some other came like this. Mine is China made so I am sure the exact safe is sold with other names stamped on it.
No key, it's electronic only. I know there is some way to open it if the keypad fails but I was told if that ever happens to call Liberty.

If Liberty isn't named on the search warrant, do they have any obligation to comply? Did they actually receive a copy of the search warrant or was the notification verbal?

Too many unanswered questions to really know if it was a good thing for them to break customer confidence.

No key, it's electronic only. I know there is some way to open it if the keypad fails but I was told if that ever happens to call Liberty.
I guess the same info they would give LEO's with warrant? To me it would be nice to know that if the pad just died there was some way into the safe other than cut the damn thing open. I have now and then thought about it with my old safe I bought decades ago. Don't know how often a S&G dial lock every just quits working but it must happen to some of them. Always figured if it did up and die I would probably be inclined to cut the damn thing. Be a good excuse to buy another bigger one :s0140:

To me it seems a big nothing them giving it to feds. If they want in and can't get in they would just cut it open. So not having the way in easy they would just trash the safe anyway. Its not like they are going to show up and go "ah shucks, foiled again, guess we will just have to go home".
It's even simpler then that, most Good Lock Smiths, especially ones who carry and sell gun safes, are quite capable of cracking most home grade gun safes! Industrial quality safes, not so much, but then again, how many of us can afford a high end industrial safe?

I guess the same info they would give LEO's with warrant? To me it would be nice to know that if the pad just died there was some way into the safe other than cut the damn thing open. I have now and then thought about it with my old safe I bought decades ago. Don't know how often a S&G dial lock every just quits working but it must happen to some of them. Always figured if it did up and die I would probably be inclined to cut the damn thing. Be a good excuse to buy another bigger one :s0140:
Wouldn't that be an investment better saved until you extract to a Free State? :p

Can they do that with mechanical locks as well?
To open a mechanical lock without the combo, they would have to drill or simply call the manufacturer of the safe-- unless you have had the original combo changed

It's actually very simple to keep the gov't/locksmith from using the backdoor method to open a digital safe--all you hafta do is remove the serial number from the digital lock and also the safe itself

The digital safe lock usually has it's serial #under the keypad, for those of you who remove the keypad for replacement of batteries...you should also remove the serial number from the safe itself. Same goes for those who own safes with dial locks.

I agree with your sentiment, but your not making it easier for them as they already have a warrant. You are making it harder on you though letting your expensive safe get destroyed.
A warrant isn't proof of guilt. If they tourch the safe and didn't get any usable evidence, I would think that goes in his favor.

That's why you keep a dummy safe with quality Jennings an hi points..
Maybe a little something extra too.

glitter-bomb-gold-1.jpg eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZcL2luaGFsZWQtYW50aHJheC5naWYiLCJlZG...png

Wouldn't that be an investment better saved until you extract to a Free State? :p
If we up and move to ID I would most likely use that and an excuse to buy a bigger one there and leave the old one here. Re home it cheap assuming its still working. Sure as hell would not want to pack it off to another state. Just the move across town with it a couple times was a chore. Second time I paid pros to do the move for us and it was WELL worth the cost of watching younger, guys doing the hard work while I supervised with a cold drink.

Some guys keep black powder in their safe. Somebody cuts into it there won't be much left.
Buddy of mine had a gun safe made back before they were a 'thing". He taped a note to the door saying warning black powder storage. When he got raided by the feds they were not amused. Just told him open the safe for us or we will open it. If he refused not sure what they would have done. Guessing probably drill holes first?

Fourth Amendment

Fourth Amendment Explained​

#1 The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,

ok a warrant was issued

and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,

ok so far

and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

hmmm goober ment does not have safe listed then it is a violation, if Liberty safe and or the goober ment open said safe PERIOD

It's even simpler then that, most Good Lock Smiths, especially ones who carry and sell gun safes, are quite capable of cracking most home grade gun safes! Industrial quality safes, not so much, but then again, how many of us can afford a high end industrial safe?
Would feds bother with that? Bring in a pro to try to open it? I guess if they did it would be nice that they would not ruin it. Place Wife and I work has a HUGE OLD safe that no one alive knew the combination too. About 30 years ago they decided to pay a pro to come open it for them. first one that came refused. Said it was a model that used to have a pocket to put nitro in to keep people out. 2nd place sent and old guy out who looked and said he could open it and he did and gave them the combination. Showed us where the nitro used to go, it was not there. They were kind of sad to find nothing in it. I could have it if I wished but the cost of moving that monster out of there and to my home keeps me from bothering to take it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top