JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They do have a master code in case the owner forgets or worse dies and the family doesn't know how to get in. I had to name a "beneficiary" when I bought mine that supposedly is the only person they will give the code to besides myself.

Better to give them the code than have them cut it open? I don't know, not thrilled they give it out to .gov.

To me it seems a big nothing them giving it to feds. If they want in and can't get in they would just cut it open. So not having the way in easy they would just trash the safe anyway. Its not like they are going to show up and go "ah shucks, foiled again, guess we will just have to go home".

To me it seems a big nothing them giving it to feds. If they want in and can't get in they would just cut it open. So not having the way in easy they would just trash the safe anyway. Its not like they are going to show up and go "ah shucks, foiled again, guess we will just have to go home".
I see no reason to make it easy for the Feds.

Makes me more proud to have an Apple phone and not a Liberty Safe. At least Apple fought them in the past. Doesn't sound like Liberty Safes has their customer's backs, profits above what they claim to be selling-safes that ONLY the buyer can access. I'm certain it's not Liberty as much as it is the maker of their locks though, there's only like 2 maybe 3 lock makers total.

I still see no reason to make it easy for them - especially if they are going to take your guns and probably never give them back.
I agree with your sentiment, but your not making it easier for them as they already have a warrant. You are making it harder on you though letting your expensive safe get destroyed.

However if the basis for the warrant is later proved to be unfounded, then any evidence collected cannot be used against you. If you open the safe for them, you are granting consent.

However if the basis for the warrant is later proved to be unfounded, then any evidence collected cannot be used against you. If you open the safe for them, you are granting consent.
True, to clarify I'm not saying open it for them but just that the backdoor combination doesn't matter much. That said, Liberty should be refusing.

They should absolutely refuse. But think about it, they already have the warrant (or should) so it's either get the code or cut it open. They're not gonna just give up if Liberty says pound sand.

Once they have a search warrant they can enter your safe, with or without a combination.
That is my way of looking at it. I guess some prefer to have the safe trashed so they can "feel better"? :confused:
Hey to each his own I guess. I personally would rather they could open the safe and see what they want and the damn thing still works when they leave. I can't for the life of me see the point in enjoying having them trash the safe but, for those who like this idea it is their money. Not like they are ever going to pay for the safe after they chop it open. :s0092:

Once a code is known to exist, it will NEVER be secure. How many leaks have happened on gun owners data? Think this will stay a secret? People asked for this, LOL I mean they voted for it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews