JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
back door means it can be hacked or the codes stolen. Just a less-safe safe. I'd rather buy a safe with no back doors than ones for "convenience" or warrants. The codes for all the liberty safes are stored somewhere and now every hacker knows they are somewhere to find. Only takes one anti-gun "hackivist" to release them all. Unless liberty uses the same code for all safes. Why would I not be surprised....

Let the police cut it open, they are just going to steel the guns and melt them down anyway even if they confiscated them illegally.

I do apologize for tonight, I've been in rare form. If you personally know me and have been paying attention to the news then you know I've been freakin busy at work for the last four plus days. I'm supposed to be on vacation until Thursday, only have 52 hours at work since Saturday eve so far. Not exactly a vacation when I've spent a couple overnighters at work when I was supposed to be camping.

I do apologize for tonight, I've been in rare form. If you personally know me and have been paying attention to the news then you know I've been freakin busy at work for the last four plus days. I'm supposed to be on vacation until Thursday, only have 52 hours at work since Saturday eve so far. Not exactly a vacation when I've spent a couple overnighters at work when I was supposed to be camping.
You gotta tell work to suck it and to hire some more help.

I always found the idea of electronic safes to be uninteresting. I don't need "quick" access to my safe. The gun(s) I am going to shoot a home invader with aren't in the safe

Regarding the Fed being given access by liberty, seems inconsequential, because as others have said, they'd cut it open instead of unlocking it.

Some people store things more subtly so that the safe has some things and not all the things so that unplanned visitors with badges don't get to see it all even if they access a safe.

As much as I hate Apple products and their political stance at least they have a backbone and refused the feds access to their phones. They are more true to their words and promise of privacy and security than these returds at Liberty Safe. This will not end will for them.

The big difference between Apple's stance and Liberty's; the information in an iPhone isn't accessible with a grinder or torch. They HAVE to have the code to access the phone. They'll get into the safe one way or the other.

The big difference between Apple's stance and Liberty's; the information in an iPhone isn't accessible with a grinder or torch. They HAVE to have the code to access the phone. They'll get into the safe one way or the other.
The biggest difference is the data on the phone is encrypted and even Apple doesn't have the private key to decrypt it.

Apple didn't have to have big balls to tell the Feds to piss off, they wouldn't have been able to do what the Feds wanted anyway.

As far as Liberty safes, I'd prefer no secret backdoor existed and would really prefer they didn't hand them over to anyone. I suspect Liberty has a multitude of government agencies they sell to and would prefer not to tip that cash cow, so us plebs go to slaughter instead.

Didnt Apple give the feds the code to that phone in the end?

I recall the feds got into it eventually...
The feds got a 3rd party to break in eventually after months of trying without the help of Apple. It was a huge accomplishment for them as they no longer needed Apple's assistance to unlock iphones. This was big news and there was a lot of debates and discussions around privacy and whether or not the government had any merit.

That is my way of looking at it. I guess some prefer to have the safe trashed so they can "feel better"? :confused:
Hey to each his own I guess. I personally would rather they could open the safe and see what they want and the damn thing still works when they leave. I can't for the life of me see the point in enjoying having them trash the safe but, for those who like this idea it is their money. Not like they are ever going to pay for the safe after they chop it open. :s0092:
The safe cost is maybe $1K-$2K for a Liberty safe. I calculate it would have $80K-$100K worth of guns in it for some people. They will probably take all of the guns and anything else in the safe as "evidence", throw the guns in some evidence locker where they will rust and get banged up, maybe "lost" and I would never see them again. Forcing the gov to spend an hour or more cutting the safe open? Worth it.

It's really not.
As far as safes for guns go no 1K is not high end. A LOT of gun owners don't have 1K to toss though. Again if I lost 1K on something would not change my life. I would not enjoy it but it would have no effect on me. I have one gun safe with a digital lock that I paid less than 2K for. Whether the Co has a "back door" code they would give the LEO's or not I have no clue. Then if I am home and they show up with warrant in hand I would just open the safe. If I was not home? I would far rather they could just open the safe rather than ruin it. Again though to each his own. To the ones here who would like to see the Cops destroy their safe because they laugh off that kind of loss? :s0092:
Your money matters not to me.

As far as safes for guns go no 1K is not high end. A LOT of gun owners don't have 1K to toss though. Again if I lost 1K on something would not change my life. I would not enjoy it but it would have no effect on me. I have one gun safe with a digital lock that I paid less than 2K for. Whether the Co has a "back door" code they would give the LEO's or not I have no clue. Then if I am home and they show up with warrant in hand I would just open the safe. If I was not home? I would far rather they could just open the safe rather than ruin it. Again though to each his own. To the ones here who would like to see the Cops destroy their safe because they laugh off that kind of loss? :s0092:
Your money matters not to me.
Agree. Not my money, not my problem. $1000 is a lot of money for most people including myself. That said, it's not a lot of money to spend on a quality safe. I wouldn't laugh off any monetary loss, especially at the hands of .gov.

For myself - I would not own a gun safe with an electronic lock - only a "mechanical" lock (preferably a Sargent and Greenleaf dial lock).
I've had my Liberty for 6 years now and I've never had any issue. I've replaced the battery once.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top