JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ohhhh, so it is like what the other guy is doing when I "buy". Now I get it, but I still don't understand why one would do such a thing.....
I don't understand it either but thank goodness so many are selling. I have got some great deals recently thanks to there being more sellers than buyers. :)

I guess the joke will be on me, if the courts permanently shutdown M114.

Ithaca 37
It looks good in the pile. I have a JC Higgins 583.1 bolt action waiting to come off green tag at the shop. I paid for it but can't do the paperwork until Wednesday. I have a couple of break actions, 20ga and 410, that I haven't fired yet. I have a Gforce pump action and a Winchester SXP that haven't been fired. I have another bolt action 12ga and a Remington 1187 youth model 20ga that haven't been fired. And last the last unfired shotty is an H&R 12ga pardner pump. There is also the 12ga slamfire setup I configured to fit in an AR15 upper receiver.

It looks good in the pile. I have a JC Higgins 583.1 bolt action waiting to come off green tag at the shop. I paid for it but can't do the paperwork until Wednesday. I have a couple of break actions, 20ga and 410, that I haven't fired yet. I have a Gforce pump action and a Winchester SXP that haven't been fired. I have another bolt action 12ga and a Remington 1187 youth model 20ga that haven't been fired. And last the last unfired shotty is an H&R 12ga pardner pump. There is also the 12ga slamfire setup I configured to fit in an AR15 upper receiver.
20ga and .410 H&r/ Nef?

My wife tried to enter my safe space yesterday to look for potting soil. She was flabbergasted by my accumulation of treasures (aka a holy heck of a mess), I have acquired over the last 8 months or so. Of course, I blamed it on Reverend Nutters and the LEVO gang but she wasn't buying it.

Looks like I will be doing some summer cleaning and reorganization over the next month or so.

Before I start the cleaning process I am going to take a few days off from both jobs and get some r&r.

My plan is to advance the work on a few of my firearm projects (if I can unbury them) and see if they will function without blowing my appendages or face off.

There is little relief in sight from getting hours reduced from either job, so reorganization of safe space is going to be a drawn out process. I am going to have to get super creative in using every available cubic inch of area in my safe space.

She quickly gave up on looking for potting soil since she couldn't even swing the door open. 😞
I love it when a plan comes together!! 😁

I had the pleasure of visiting another members reloading/gun room recently and it inspired me to reorganize my safe space.

The wife is going away for a week in the near future and I am going to take that opportunity to do the reorganization. It's going to be a huge job but I will take a day or two off from work to get it done.

I have a consumer type pallet rack in the middle of the room and I am thinking it would be better to have it against a wall.

Don't you live in a multiplex/condo?

So, yah, if you store much on that rack, against a load bearing wall would be a reasonable place.
Yes condo. I thought having access to both sides of rack would be more useful but that requires extra floor space on both sides. Since floor space is very limited, I decided it would be better to have rack up against the wall. It means I will have to pull out front tubs to reach rear tubs but it should free up more wall space for another shelf assy. And I might have just enough room for one of these too.

Yes condo. I thought having access to both sides of rack would be more useful but that requires extra floor space on both sides. Since floor space is very limited, I decided it would be better to have rack up against the wall. It means I will have to pull out front tubs to reach rear tubs but it should free up more wall space for another shelf assy. And I might have just enough room for one of these too.

Dang! Thing weighs better than 150lbs empty.

If I were you I'd hold off on such until you buy a house with a garage...

But I'm not you.

Any way you can "get by" with one of HF wood work benches? They are pretty decent - for what they are. Have had several over the years, and have one now in the shop.

Dang! Thing weighs better than 150lbs empty.

If I were you I'd hold off on such until you buy a house with a garage...

But I'm not you.

Any way you can "get by" with one of HF wood work benches? They are pretty decent - for what they are. Have had several over the years, and have one now in the shop.
I have a bench but I was looking for additional storage and workspace that could be moved around.

Unless there is a major housing crash we won't be getting anything bigger.

My total space is only about 10x12ft. Existing bench, shelving and gun safe rob me of two to three feet on each side. That leaves very little free floor space. Moving the rack will help but it is still going to be tight. Empty plastic gun cases are going to find a new home in the attic. Cardboard rifle boxes are probably going bye bye in the recycle bin at work. If I ever sell a long gun it will be without the box.

Hoard reorganization begins tomorrow. Wife is going away for a few days and I took a couple of days off from both jobs.

I have added a few dozen firearms to my collection since I started this thread so it will be interesting to see how well I can cram them into my safe space. I will have to maximize the use of as many cubic inches as possible from floor to ceiling.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top