JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We went out to eat at a dive Chinese restaurant in Tualatin on Saturday night. I could have bought two stripped lowers for the cost of the meal. Eating out sucks these days. I do it on occasion to keep the peace.
Heck, you're talking my 'dine out' limit if you're above the transfer fee.
Except for Nakwon or Gyro House, my cooking is better anyway.

Both as to structure and land. Which require continual effort that old people typically are less and less able to handle. I haven't reached that point yet.
Quoting myself. Our son has a second job as an entertainer. He's very good and has one a few contests. Some of the smaller venues he plays are assisted living homes. If they are local enough, Mrs. Merkt and I sometimes weasel our way into such a place where he's singing so we can watch. I look around at the old people in those places and want to cry. I don't want my last years to be like that. I'd rather go outside, sit under a tree and put a 9mm bullet through my head than live like that.

Heck, you're talking my 'dine out' limit if you're above the transfer fee.
Except for Nakwon or Gyro House, my cooking is better anyway.
Oh forevermore. Dining out has become a joke. The Wash. $16.28 minimum wage doesn't do anything to help. Tipping is not a city in China, it's a scandal right here at home.

And really good wives look the other way and pretend they don't know. "A slight obsession with guns?" she says to herself. "Could be a whole lot worse. Heroin, alcoholism, philandering, wife beating. Shhhh. Guns? What guns?"
And gambling.

So long as the bills get paid, guns in the hands of responsible people are a very minor vice.

Any more I've become so picky that I'll pretty much only go to one place. It's pretty popular kinda "divey" bar and grill on NE Halsey. Decent bar food, decent priced, decent clientele and service. We can be into it, depending on how the poker machines do from $55.00ish to a C-note. That's only once a month. Used to do it once every week or two..
The daughter and SIL invited us out to Fujiyama Sunday, wife and I were looking at the menus and looking at each other's faces. The lady brought two bills out and SIL said he's paying for both, $150+… :eek::eek::eek:
Hell BK, Arby's and any other FF joint is $25-30 for two… GOOD LAWDY that's expensive!!!

The daughter and SIL invited us out to Fujiyama Sunday, wife and I were looking at the menus and looking at each other's faces. The lady brought two bills out and SIL said he's paying for both, $150+… :eek::eek::eek:
Hell BK, Arby's and any other FF joint is $25-30 for two… GOOD LAWDY that's expensive!!!
sddefault-5.jpg

But , it's dinner AND a show!

That was my first time there, just like Benny Hana down in Florida.
FWIW, my 4 year old granddaughter had an absolute blast interacting with the chef, it was worth a kings ransom just for her enjoyment.
Did you come to potland? Or go into Oly? I like looking these places up, for a chuckle.

Moving with your gun stuff...ugh.
When we moved...I packed all of my guns and related items in my truck...and had the movers , move the safe.
Got to our new place...and the safe only fit through one door of the house...:eek: :D

In regards to stuff / items / even guns....
It's only a good deal if you have a use for it...
And....
It is wise to be sure that you own your stuff...and that your stuff doesn't own you.
Andy
My stuff owns me, for sure!
Seven Safes and still not enough room.
Stuff everywhere!
This is the burden I live with.

That fact that you felt the need to hide your hoard says a lot. Like you know it's a problem. Sounds like the alcoholic got caught taking a drink
I have to hide some of my knives from my wife. Otherwise they get commandeered for kp. I hide knives in progress as well as then I get very specific and difficult handle requests and that is why my kitchen knives include a tanto and a seax.

One of my coworkers is a self described "foodie". No kids, two incomes, he and his wife love to eat out, and think nothing of spending a couple hundred bucks on a nice dinner.

On the other hand, I was showing him an old gun I had picked up, and mentioned what I'd paid, and his reply was "I can sure think of better ways to spend two hundred bucks!"

It's all in what you value, even more than what you enjoy. I realize that I need to spend some money occasionally on eating out and things that my wife and family appreciates. I'm certainly not a foodie, and a $200 dinner would be completely wasted on me, but on rare occasion a $50 or $60 dinner with the wife is pretty important. I don't particularly value a fancy meal, but I value my wife far above my guns.

A local BBQ joint ( you might remember it a the Dexter Lake Club in the movie Animal House) had Korean BBQ for a dinner special so we got two to go and made four meals out of them for us. Total cost including tip was just under $40.00. That's about the extent of out eating out these days other than a once in a great while a trip to the Coast for fresh fish n chips or a Crab Cocktail.

Well my Organization ended up being a third gun safe large enough for two men to stand in and close the door
Out of sight out of her mind to mention it

My wife tried to enter my safe space yesterday to look for potting soil. She was flabbergasted by my accumulation of treasures (aka a holy heck of a mess), I have acquired over the last 8 months or so. Of course, I blamed it on Reverend Nutters and the LEVO gang but she wasn't buying it.

Looks like I will be doing some summer cleaning and reorganization over the next month or so.

Before I start the cleaning process I am going to take a few days off from both jobs and get some r&r.

My plan is to advance the work on a few of my firearm projects (if I can unbury them) and see if they will function without blowing my appendages or face off.

There is little relief in sight from getting hours reduced from either job, so reorganization of safe space is going to be a drawn out process. I am going to have to get super creative in using every available cubic inch of area in my safe space.

She quickly gave up on looking for potting soil since she couldn't even swing the door open. 😞
And here I thought I was the only one????

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top