JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happy wife happy life terminology is the reality of a quote from Tom Petty. Say it ain't so.

0AE74E52-C655-4425-B557-7DEDC32BADCD.jpeg

You could always sell the stuff you don't use.
Please explain. I don't understand what this "sell" thing is you speak of.........
I think he's talking about old wives…. :D;)

Yup. "Happy wife happy life" pizzes me off honestly. Me being happy matters just as much.
I got lucky AF in the "wife dept"! She says I work my arse off for the money and that I should buy whatever I want (that we can afford) and as long as the bills are paid she DGAF. The house is almost off, we have ZERO credit card debt, and I plan to retire in six more years. On the flip-side I also never begrudge her the things she wants, and her "wants" are actually modest (I sometimes have to goad her into getting what she wants)… FACT- I do have more shoes than she does, though. Her and my sister give me a ration of shiete about my "large-ish" pile of shoes, actually…. LOL!

It's also the definition of spineless yes-men. I'm not simping for anyone including my wife. We are a TEAM.
Every team has a team captain….. :D

Moving with your gun stuff...ugh.
When we moved...I packed all of my guns and related items in my truck...and had the movers , move the safe.
Got to our new place...and the safe only fit through one door of the house...:eek: :D

In regards to stuff / items / even guns....
It's only a good deal if you have a use for it...
And....
It is wise to be sure that you own your stuff...and that your stuff doesn't own you.
Andy
Amen to owning stuff instead of it owning you! Over the last two years we have been jettisoning stuff constantly, and things we do acquire are practical (and multi-purpose if possible)….. but the shoes stay!

The wife was watching the Hoarding show again this evening. I have been trying to explain to her how my stuff is better than the stuff people are hoarding on the show. I could see it in her eyes that she doesn't believe me. Her treadmill has been cleaned off for over a week but she hasn't used it yet. That surface is just begging to be filled up with uppers and other random AR parts again.

Her treadmill has been cleaned off for over a week but she hasn't used it yet. That surface is just begging to be filled up with uppers and other random AR parts again.
Treadmill = horizontal work or storage space. Always at a premium.

I have been trying to explain to her how my stuff is better than the stuff people are hoarding on the show. I
There is a substantial difference between people who hoard "good stuff," and those who compulsively store worthless stuff. Like the piles of junk bicycle parts and other valueless material that surround homeless encampments.

Treadmill = horizontal work or storage space. Always at a premium.

There is a substantial difference between people who hoard "good stuff," and those who compulsively store worthless stuff. Like the piles of junk bicycle parts and other valueless material that surround homeless encampments.
"There is a substantial difference between people who hoard "good stuff," and those who compulsively store worthless stuff"

I agree with you but in her view, it's all junk taking up space.

I've lived in the same house for over 37 years. Mrs. Merkt makes occasional noise about "getting something smaller." Both as to structure and land. Which require continual effort that old people typically are less and less able to handle. I haven't reached that point yet. My line of resistance is mainly built on the costs involved. A major issue for me is, Warshington state has a real estate excise tax (REET). Which is a tax on the SELLER when the property changes hands. In my county, the tax on sales up to $500K is 1.60 percent. On amounts of sales between $500K and $750K, the rate is 1.78%. Of those amounts, the state gets the first whole one percent; the county gets the remainder. The REET is legalized extortion. This is just free money to the state and county, they didn't provide any service to earn it (regular extortionate property taxes pay for that) or do anything to factually entitle them to or deserve it. They didn't take any risk in the property investment, they didn't do anything to help keep it up over the years.

Inflation has turned the REET into a real bonanza for the state and counties. When a house cost $50K, the rate was more like 1%, so the tax was $500. Bad enough. But now, if a typical house (not uncommon in this county and often greater), that 1.6% is $8,000. I could go on about this, but further comments would swerve into the arena of politics.

Of course there are the usual, physical expenses of moving. Then you get to your new place, and have to make changes and improvements to it to make it more suitable to yourself.

My wife feels good about making me happy. I feel good about making my wife happy. We look out for each other. We share the same "world view." We both consider ourselves the luckiest person in the world to have such a wonderful life partner. She grew up in a house that had a gun in every corner, and so did I. Maybe that is why we are so well-adjusted?

This is a trip, I was just talking about this. Like an addict hiding their stash in cookie jar, back of the toilet etc. I guess I'm blessed, my wife built her own gun before we got married. We are men, we just want to be respected, appreciated for all have to put up with to provide. Women need to feel security. To be pursued acknowledged and included. At least mine does. She doesn't want a pink Glock or anything like that. I'm gonna order a Stuccato soon but I'll have to order two $$! At the end of the day any of us that has a wife is blessed. Kids these days don't even know look a woman in the eyes. I know one thing when the crap hits the fan those wives will be thanking God for that stash! Great discussion gents.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top