JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got this bag and small metal canteen along with some other accessories a few years back.

Would like to find out whatever I can about it. Possible age or country of origin or...? There are no tags or identifying marks anywhere.

20240103_201258.jpg

It looks Polish but it could be a 3-cell Romanian mag pouch. The Polish pouches are pretty stiff. IIRC, that is a Romanian oiler but it has been a while.

It looks Polish but it could be a 3-cell Romanian mag pouch. The Polish pouches are pretty stiff. IIRC, that is a Romanian oiler but it has been a while.
It does have 3 compartments.

Looking online i could only find the small oil cans that are round. Couldn't find any examples that were square like this one.

It does have 3 compartments.

Looking online i could only find the small oil cans that are round. Couldn't find any examples that were square like this one.
The Romy 2-cell pouches are more common. The leather tabs and metal pegs look Polish and if that canvas is thick, it is Polish.

Maybe you could help with this too...

I also got this bag (which in looking online seems to be Hungarian) with 5 of these mags.

How can I identify the mags?
If you can post some pics with close ups of any proof marks it would help.

If you take off the mag baseplate, Hungarian mags have a flat spring retainer. Other E. Euro mags have a perpendicular tab on the spring retainer. The spring retainer has a park like finish as well.

Hungarian mags might have proof marks with '02', an 'M' in a circle, or a man-in-the-moon. Newer production Hungarian markings don't have any proof marks.

IMG_20230219_093202.jpg

If you take off the mag baseplate, Hungarian mags have a flat spring retainer. Other E. Euro mags have a perpendicular tab on the spring retainer. The spring retainer has a park like finish as well.

Hungarian mags might have proof marks with '02', an 'M' in a circle, or a man-in-the-moon. Newer production Hungarian markings don't have any proof marks.

View attachment 1794644
No proof marks or any other markings anywhere inside or out...

20240103_212000.jpg

View attachment 1794644
4 of them seem to be brand new. No marks or wear at all. Those 4 all have polymer followers and spring bases.

The 5th one has seen some use and has all steel internals. Still no markings of any kind on this one either. Much heavier than the other 4 as well...

Nice Hungarian pouch, the nylon straps are a little more rare than the leather strap version. I think those are KCI Korean mags that you have.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top