JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Milwaukee smashes the competition in performance but is almost exclusively Chinese made- a not so small consideration for me.

All mine are Dewalt- mostly US made or "assembled", others are Mexican.

D and B supply has "Dewalt days" sales every September with unbelievable deals* so I bought then and have been very happy.

* if memory serves it was buy a bare tool get a charger and 5 amp hour battery free. I've learned to stay out of that store during the sale.

Personally I love Makita.

Been issued them at work as a technician.

These things keep going, my hammer drill with lighter use is a decade old and still operates like new.

Hammer drill lasted 6yrs and only its electronic brake failed but since I needed precise braking and not freespin, I got it replaced. With a pre-owned replacement, got 4yrs into it and still going strong and I use it 5 days a week.

My original battery lasted about 8yrs for one and 6yrs for the other before starting to die far quicker.

They are used in all weather conditions year round, dropped where I though they would surely be dead, freezing overnight Temps and used in triple digits till the jobs done...

They might not be the fastest in online head to head competitions but from my experience, they are durable and well built...

I'd go with DeWalt

This one
1715957776004.png

:s0087:

Personally I love Makita.

Been issued them at work as a technician.

These things keep going, my hammer drill with lighter use is a decade old and still operates like new.

Hammer drill lasted 6yrs and only its electronic brake failed but since I needed precise braking and not freespin, I got it replaced. With a pre-owned replacement, got 4yrs into it and still going strong and I use it 5 days a week.

My original battery lasted about 8yrs for one and 6yrs for the other before starting to die far quicker.

They are used in all weather conditions year round, dropped where I though they would surely be dead, freezing overnight Temps and used in triple digits till the jobs done...

They might not be the fastest in online head to head competitions but from my experience, they are durable and well built...
Not sure what this means.
I think Makita is far and away the leader in cordless design although Milwaukie has a few standout cordless tools like their Hole-Hawg and blade left circular saw.
I'll give Milwaukie kudos for being the first with the fuel gauge.
That was a big thing in real world use, even though it is a minor feature.

I see mostly Makita or Milwaukie on the commercial jobsites in this area.

Depends on use imo. The Milwaukee impact and ratchet are a must have for automotive work. That ratchet is the best tool in my box and I wrench a lot, not as a tech but a lot. Unless it is daily use in a professional setting or specific trade, Roybi will suit 90% of homeowners. As a lineman, Milwaukee makes some trade specific tools that are second to none.

Depends on use imo. The Milwaukee impact and ratchet are a must have for automotive work. That ratchet is the best tool in my box and I wrench a lot, not as a tech but a lot. Unless it is daily use in a professional setting or specific trade, Roybi will suit 90% of homeowners. As a lineman, Milwaukee makes some trade specific tools that are second to none.
Speaking from trade-specific, I saw years ago a guy using a Makita deck gun.. a long shafted (so you could use it standing up), self-feeding screw gun and then a Makita rebar tyer that contained the spool of wire. It'd tie and then cut automatically. Pretty cool.

The Insider ratchet is a winner.
Long reach and you can swap out the anvils, 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"
I don't use my adapters anymore with this.
The shallow pass through sockets are perfect for clamps that have t-bars 4" longer than any socket known to man that you usually start with a ratcheting wrench till you can get a socket over it.

So far Milwaukie is the only stuff that I have that when it's wore out and I need another all I have to do is buy the tool as the battery has been the same since the first ones.
Same when the battery is done, just buy another one.

I still have impacts and drills that became useless when they changed it and became obsolete.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top