JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Bought an older Marlin 17HMR bolt action at the Rickreal show, got put into the que for the first time. Was at #1845, Oregon is lame."
Hopefully a right delayed won't turn into a right denied. 🤞
I'm not worried about denial, it's probably a typo on the dealers part. He seemed to be struggling with the whole process of entering my info.

I'm not worried about denial, it's probably a typo on the dealers part. He seemed to be struggling with the whole process of entering my info.
I just got four delays in a row over the past week. I think my current buying spree has ruffled feathers at some three letter agency or other, but at least one of my FFLs thinks it is just the type of guns I am getting (pretty much all very well used and some of fairly old provenance). And while I trust the advice of my FFL, I have bought old stuff in the past and got instants there, so I still lean on the "FBI/ATF/whoever else think I am kitting out a militia with old collectible and project guns" as the root reason for my spat of delays.

Also if anyone is looking to join "Lucus' vote integrity rapid response squad" I am sure there is no such thing, but if there was and we had a few dozen openings I can say you probably would not have to bring your own kit. Just make sure you are up to date on parade manual of arms from the turn of the last century and from a few dozen separate countries. That will come in useful. (seriously fedboys, look at what I am buying, I am less of a threat than someone buying a truck of black iron pipe and a 3d printer, just let me take my toys and walk).

I just got four delays in a row over the past week. I think my current buying spree has ruffled feathers at some three letter agency or other, but at least one of my FFLs thinks it is just the type of guns I am getting (pretty much all very well used and some of fairly old provenance). And while I trust the advice of my FFL, I have bought old stuff in the past and got instants there, so I still lean on the "FBI/ATF/whoever else think I am kitting out a militia with old collectible and project guns" as the root reason for my spat of delays.

Also if anyone is looking to join "Lucus' vote integrity rapid response squad" I am sure there is no such thing, but if there was and we had a few dozen openings I can say you probably would not have to bring your own kit. Just make sure you are up to date on parade manual of arms from the turn of the last century and from a few dozen separate countries. That will come in useful. (seriously fedboys, look at what I am buying, I am less of a threat than someone buying a truck of black iron pipe and a 3d printer, just let me take my toys and walk).
The dealer entering my info had such a hard time he entered a Marlin manufactured rifle as ZZZ because he couldn't find Marlin in the drop down list. I may purchase a new rimfire suppressor on Tuesday, it would be funny to see the feds approve quicker than these slackers in Oregon :cool:

As I was posting this thread pertaining to random junk bought on the internet, I realized we don't have one for firearm-related purchases. Same simple concept, lets see what you bought today (links preferred, for impulsive buyers like me) :)
Hey all, I am new here to this site, and thought I'd try to post on here. My impulsive purchase didn't happen today, but last week I had to have a Ruger pc carbine and picked one up. The MagPull backpack model. Now it's like a disease because I also had to attach a Sig Romeo5 and 1,000 rounds of 9mm 🤦‍♂️. Tomorrow my 2 Glock 19 mags should show up enabling me to get out to the range. I have yet to put a round through it, yet I am anticipating ordering upgrade parts through M-Carbo for it? As though I needed another carbine as I have had my M1 carbine since around 1984 and it runs like butter, just getting a little expensive to shoot? My apologies for being so windy.

Hey all, I am new here to this site, and thought I'd try to post on here. My impulsive purchase didn't happen today, but last week I had to have a Ruger pc carbine and picked one up. The MagPull backpack model. Now it's like a disease because I also had to attach a Sig Romeo5 and 1,000 rounds of 9mm 🤦‍♂️. Tomorrow my 2 Glock 19 mags should show up enabling me to get out to the range. I have yet to put a round through it, yet I am anticipating ordering upgrade parts through M-Carbo for it? As though I needed another carbine as I have had my M1 carbine since around 1984 and it runs like butter, just getting a little expensive to shoot? My apologies for being so windy.
Yep, you got it bad. I would tell you everything I got recently but I don't want the ATF wondering if I am stocking inventory for an underground gun store, so I will just keep to the highlights;

I recently got a Browning Auto 5 12 gauge, and a Marlin Camp 45 (to go with my also recently acquired Marlin Camp 9). I am kinda on a old and weird guns kick since I have a lot of the newer stuff already. There are a few really weird ones in the mail, I may start individual threads on those when they come in so we can all speculate on how they came into existence. Should be a fun discussion.

Also working up on the ammo stockpile, I am not 100% sure what the numbers are now, but I know I cannot fit it all in the cans anymore, so I might need to expand my storage system. . .

PCCs are super fun. I just recently got into that space myself after having spent decades sticking mostly to rifles as my go-to noisemakers. Now I have, uh, 7 of them I think? And the wife really loves them too, as they have a lot less concussion coming out of them than the rifles do. Post pictures when you get the kit fully put together. We love seeing stuff like that.

Yep, you got it bad. I would tell you everything I got recently but I don't want the ATF wondering if I am stocking inventory for an underground gun store, so I will just keep to the highlights;

I recently got a Browning Auto 5 12 gauge, and a Marlin Camp 45 (to go with my also recently acquired Marlin Camp 9). I am kinda on a old and weird guns kick since I have a lot of the newer stuff already. There are a few really weird ones in the mail, I may start individual threads on those when they come in so we can all speculate on how they came into existence. Should be a fun discussion.

Also working up on the ammo stockpile, I am not 100% sure what the numbers are now, but I know I cannot fit it all in the cans anymore, so I might need to expand my storage system. . .

PCCs are super fun. I just recently got into that space myself after having spent decades sticking mostly to rifles as my go-to noisemakers. Now I have, uh, 7 of them I think? And the wife really loves them too, as they have a lot less concussion coming out of them than the rifles do. Post pictures when you get the kit fully put together. We love seeing stuff like that.
You bet. I'm sure my wife is going to love that pc carbine. She really enjoys my ar's. I will try to post pictures when I get it together if I can figure it out. I'm a little challenged with computers 🤷

The family went to a flea market in Central Point today and I picked up a couple older scopes. One was an old Burris Fullfield (original) 3-9x37 with "electro dot" in box with original paperwork. Doesn't even look like it's been mounted. The second one was a Leupold Vari-X II 3-9x40 with some wear on the outside but the optics seem great to me, but I'm not an expert. Both made in the USA! Don't have any immediate plans for them but they are nice scopes and might end up on my sons' rifles when they get a little older. Managed to get a screaming deal on them together.

Later I stopped by Bi-Mart and they still had some of the PMC Bronze 9mm cases for $235 so I picked some up along with a case (250) of Federal 12 GA #8 shot they also had on sale for $80. Most reasonable prices I've seen in a while so may as well take the opportunity to stock up before the upcoming election season kicks the panic buying into high gear again.

Didn't set out to buy any gun stuff today but sometimes it just happens.

...got put into the que for the first time. Was at #1845, Oregon is lame.

Similar experience.

Oregon DMV futzed with my DL. Somehow. Unknown when. OSP can't get any info on it online.

Apparently I'm simply INVALID now...

qsob0eqaiou41.jpg

Yay. And a magnanimous WTF.

Thankfully have our CHL's, so used that instead & received instant.

-if I go dark, no worries. Probably just at a black site. Somewhere. In walking distance. Can't drive nor fly, apparently...wife lost her schnitz more than I did. Great.

...But yeah, that is super weird, how did the Oregon DMV screw up your license without notifying you?
No idea.

Listening to "nifty" hold muzak ATM to talk to a non AI entity...

Edit: followup, Oregon DMV is pretty darned good! Spent about an hour on the phone with an extremely helpful & pleasant agent. Wasn't on hold too long to get to one either, about 15 minutes or so.

Agent T up Salem way figures this problem is resolved, had to consult with a few of there other departments to do so.

Thinks it was some type of issue surrounding something Massachusetts DMV did post Covid. Delayed automatic extensions auto-sent out (late Covid "emergency"), which auto locked out my Oregon DL. Somehow? And did so without notifications. Or something.

Computers. Yay. Just yay.

Comparatively, Massachusetts DMV would have been a computer scheduling a callback weeks later. Then a full day at the DMV, likely with several return trips...probably unresolved. Because "not my job" "not my department" etc etc.

Not Oregon!

Last Edited:
Bought a couple of extra mags for the Beretta 85F online after striking out at both the Rickreal and Albany shows. Glad I did, the cost for new was really good compared to what some of the used mags were going for.

We always hear those questions: what's your favorite gun? what's your favorite caliber? etc. Well, the longer I do this, the more I lean towards 22 s/l/lr being my favorite about 80% of the time. I have them in semi-auto, double action, single action, lever, bolt, and single shot, but I've never had a pump 22 before. Well, after some looking around, I decided that the more modern Henrys and Rossis, while cool, just weren't cutting it. If I was going to get one, I wanted to get THE one. Way too much time spent on the web researching and contemplating and weighing the pros and cons before settling on the Winchester 61. Those came with a few options, but I decided I wanted a smooth top receiver and a metal butt plate. Preferably pre-WWII, but I came to find out that the earlier ones had a different type of bluing that could result in flaking of the finish. Found some really cool options from when they switched to a different type of finish, but some had the stocks refinished. Finally settled on this one (pictures are a little washed out) from 1949 with original wood and pretty good bluing. Ended up overpaying a little most likely, but the extra won't be something I remember down the road. That's a 24" barrel, for anyone wondering.

de-Rifle-22-sllr_102621890_111033_09D0E555005F73C6.jpg

Little character here and there, but it's meant to be a shooter and not a safe queen.
de-Rifle-22-sllr_102621890_111033_428ADB12F1B45500.jpg

That's some string on the side of the receiver and not a scratch.
de-Rifle-22-sllr_102621890_111033_AB3F2C0D9F92BD49.jpg

de-Rifle-22-sllr_102621890_111033_9B5CCE56B4342475.jpg

de-Rifle-22-sllr_102621890_111033_FC02EE7ED3932803.jpg

Super excited for it to get here!!

We always hear those questions: what's your favorite gun? what's your favorite caliber? etc. Well, the longer I do this, the more I lean towards 22 s/l/lr being my favorite about 80% of the time. I have them in semi-auto, double action, single action, lever, bolt, and single shot, but I've never had a pump 22 before. Well, after some looking around, I decided that the more modern Henrys and Rossis, while cool, just weren't cutting it. If I was going to get one, I wanted to get THE one. Way too much time spent on the web researching and contemplating and weighing the pros and cons before settling on the Winchester 61. Those came with a few options, but I decided I wanted a smooth top receiver and a metal butt plate. Preferably pre-WWII, but I came to find out that the earlier ones had a different type of bluing that could result in flaking of the finish. Found some really cool options from when they switched to a different type of finish, but some had the stocks refinished. Finally settled on this one (pictures are a little washed out) from 1949 with original wood and pretty good bluing. Ended up overpaying a little most likely, but the extra won't be something I remember down the road. That's a 24" barrel, for anyone wondering.

View attachment 1843914

Little character here and there, but it's meant to be a shooter and not a safe queen.
View attachment 1843915

That's some string on the side of the receiver and not a scratch.
View attachment 1843916

View attachment 1843917

View attachment 1843918

Super excited for it to get here!!
@s1xty7 A friend wanted to trade me his 61 for my 1969 Glenfield 60 (Marlin). It was not as good shape as yours, but pretty nice. I should have traded and bought another Model 60.

Live and learn.

Nice gun.

@s1xty7 A friend wanted to trade me his 61 for my 1969 Glenfield 60 (Marlin). It was not as good shape as yours, but pretty nice. I should have traded and bought another Model 60.

Live and learn.

Nice gun.
The 61s have certainly gone up in value. Nearly twice the cost of a similar quality Remington 121 for less than twice the "betterness". An old school Glenfield 60 is a pretty sweet gun too and probably has a lot more practical utility to it than one of the pumps. Besides, if you had any sentimental attachment to your Glenfield, you probably would have regretted trading it away. You can always buy a 61 but it's tough to get "your" gun back.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top