JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found out today that Fred Meyer is going to start selling rifles, handguns and ammo in some of their stores. It is starting with 4 stores; Newberg, Tillamook, Brookings and Bend. I noticed the new counter and gun rack they put up in the Newberg Fred Meyer, and when I made my daily delivery there I noticed they were receiving a bunch of ammo. Life is good!

Well not they can truly say "one stop shopping"

Just dropped by the Newberg Freddie's yesterday. Decent prices on their handguns, They actually had an LCP for $440, which is a pretty good deal. They also carry the XD-M with the 4-inch barrel, which looked sweet, for $590.

Annnndd, lessee, a Taurus 1911 for $700, a big S&W revolver for around $1,000, didn't check to see which model it was, looked like a .357.

Eggs
bacon
milk
9mm
bread
socks

Now thats a grocery list.

I have been told that fredmeyers in alaska has always sold guns.

I was just going to add that FM in Alaska has never stopped selling. Their prices were reasonable up there but would be considered inflated anywhere else (like with roads for ground freight!)

I actually had a crazy ex-wife buy a Glock there about 10 years ago... she said it was a holiday gift for me, but I REALLY didn't want it (she didn't realize I hunted bears with a handgun and really wanted the .454 or .50!) At the time, there was no specific rule about no firearms or ammo returns, so she made them take it back and refund her cash. There are now very prominent signs at the sporting goods counter about "All firearm and ammo sales are final. Absolutely no returns for any reason." They literally went up the day after she took the Glock back. In my family, we call those the "Jodie Signs!"

Last time I took note of their inventory back home, they carried plenty of Remington, Savage, Marlin and Mossberg long guns, and Ruger, Springfield, and dirt-cheap Taurus handguns.

-Case

I can't wait to see the protesters there if that Freddies starts selling firearms.

I will buy at Bimart and Freddies but not Walmart...any company whose owners are some of the richest billionaires in the country and pay their employees wages so low they qualify for food stamps with no bennies does not get my business....neither does McDonalds and others for the same reasons.

We bought the wife a Marlin 795 there, it worked out to be acouple bucks cheaper than Bimart. Overall it wasnt to bad shopping there, they did have a Walther P22 in digital that I want to pick up its only 330 or so with discount. We asked about coupons and they said they wont ever have any coupons on firearms or ammo. We checked the ad here in Corvallis because the ads are sometimes tailored to the area and it even said they were excluded which kind of sucked.

That's not true.....The sportsman show booth was handing out $50 off long gun and $30 off handgun coupons. I've used those savings certificates on firearms and they have a senior discount every first Tuesday of the month.

Don't know why they told you they never run coupons? They do run ads on their firearms. The LCP's are $299 this week and they had a good deal on 770 combos at $279.....that same combo is on ad over at Big 5 this week for about $450.

I've gotten some fantastic deals....just need to pay attention and buy at the right times.

And to the poster above, nobody has a gun to anyones head forcing them to work at walmart.

People are under economic duress. It's not like the minimum wage, part time employees are working there because they had a bunch of great options and decided to do Walmart because it was stellar. For many, it was the only option before becoming homeless. Minimum wage jobs should be the province of teenagers who are getting their first job and learning what it is like to be in the work force. It should not be for an adult who has to meet the full set of responsibilities like rent, food, providing for a child, etc.

The problem with Walmart is that it is racing to the bottom. The only way to get to low prices is to have someone else subsidize it. Employees getting substandard wages and food stamps is the government subsidizing Walmart's ability to get people into the wage slave trap. Also by forcing manufacturers to send production jobs overseas (i.e. China, Vietnam, etc.) to bring down the price per unit, it forces people out of work here. When the people here are out of work they are unable to buy products or pay for services. That ripples across the economy because it's not just person who is affected, it's others who would have been able to sell that person a good or service. -After a while, cost cutting gets to the muscle and bone.

Unions suck, and are one of the handfull of problems with this country. Communism must be destroyed in all it's forms

Unions, like other things, have their pros and cons. Right now, you may think they suck. If you bothered to read history, you'd see without unions what kind of people employers were and what working conditions were like. You'd have 12 hour work days instead of the typical 8 hour day. Working conditions used to be dangerous. If people fell into machinery and production would keep on going because stopping to rescue or retrieve would cost money. With food production, it was common to find fingers and other parts of people in the products. Fire exits were sealed because the employers were afraid employees would skip out of work for an unauthorized break so when there were fires, people burned alive. You might live in a "company town" that was literally a company town where the employer owned everything i.e. your home, the grocery store, the clothing store, etc. For a while company towns were a modern version of sharecropping where the employee was paid a substandard wage, got into debt with the company general store and then had to work off that debt with a high interest rate so the employee would have even less money to pay for things and fall farther behind. You might hate communism, but I'm guessing you probably also dislike slavery.

The problem with unions is when they overreach. They'll stand up for someone who has given plenty of legitimate cause to be fired. They'll extort a wage increase or improved benefits package where the economics of the situation can't support it or justify it. They may require three people to be hired to do the work of one person.

I've had to deal with unions on both sides of the coin. Sometimes I was negotiating against them and sometimes representing their interests. There are some things they do very well and others they do very poorly. Getting rid of them wholesale and dismissively labeling them as communist reflects a lack of understanding of the history of abuse by the individuals who own and run companies that caused the workers to form them.

If you worked for a company where you had been half-burned because the fire exit was sealed to prevent workers from taking unauthorized breaks, I doubt you'd be as anti-union as you are.

-Getting back on topic, I'd like to see other Fred Meyer stores add ammo to their inventory. It would make things more convenient.

The North Medford Fred Meyer is currently being re-modeled, and will carry rifles, handguns, and ammo. It is a great store with great people too.

As for the Unions... I firmly believe that Fred Meyer and more-so it's associates would be better off without the current union. They support far too many liberal ideals for a company of Fred Meyer's stature. I think the above poster has it pretty much right. Unions should be for negotiating benefits, and should never be as far reaching as they are right now. I hate unions that support any sort of political action, people need to be active in their communities enough to know what they should support and what they should shoot down.. lol

Minimum wage jobs should be the province of teenagers who are getting their first job and learning what it is like to be in the work force. It should not be for an adult who has to meet the full set of responsibilities like rent, food, providing for a child, etc.

Since I turned 55 I haven't been able to find a good paying job like the $80,000 a year one I used to have. The only thing I've found available to me is the minimum wage ones. Now if I was still Union I'd still have a job.

Oh yes, having my step daughter die almost two years ago and taking in her two children hasn't helped the budget either! But it sure ruined our retirment plans (sell the house and travel in our MH)

But, luckily I have a retirment from the State of WA that I worked for 30 years at a low paying job (NOT the $80,000 one mentioned above) that I collect retirement from a minimum wage job and my wife has a good job also, plus a retirment.

ditto j3hill

So do tell you two McCarthy era geniuses, do you buy only American made and possibly European and Japanese products? You do not purchase any items imprinted with "Made in China" on them???? Because if you have one Chinese made product in your possession you are supporting one of the most ruthless communist governments on earth. They love every single U.S. dollar we are sending them when we buy everything from Mattel toy products to Nikes to toothpaste. Oh yeh, destroy commies while making them rich. After all, no one is holding a gun to your head making you buy Chinese made products are they?

Awesome. They'll probably have inflated firearms prices to go along with their expensive ammo. I'm all for it anyway. Kudos for Freddy!!!

I thought I'd add that the Freddy's in Tillamook already carries ammo. Apparently other stores do not.

The price for a Walther P22 ws less than what I had found most places online even. Their Ruger LCR was about $80 more than I paid at teh Rose City gunshow though.

Here is an email I just received back from Freddys.

I am happy to hear you are excited about our hunting department. We are all excited about it here as well!

The stores we are setting up this year in Oregon are:

Warrenton (set 2 weeks ago)

Brookings (set yesterday)

Newberg (sets this Friday)

Scappoose (sets this Friday)

Bend (ETA after Christmas)

I agree with you; I would love to set more stores, but we’ll have to see how these do first. If only we had been able to get the roll out completed before hunting season…. In a perfect world..

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheryl

Cheryl Kindwall

Buyer- Fred Meyer Sporting Goods

Camping, Fishing, and Hunting

503-797-5795

Glad to see so many here are contacting them,let's keep it going !

Funny, just two weeks ago??? I saw pistols there months ago...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top