JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My $0.02 I like that some sites require orginial ad with a price to be left in tact. It gives a nice tracking of going rates and whats selling and not.

"knucklehead" i'm it !!!!!! over time i'v been questioned from some of the "newbe's" on sifting thru threads to find a gun . "bingo" they found one, and pm the guy, at that tiime they are informed the gun was sold 8 months ago !!!!! i just went thru this myself (and i'v been here awhile) going back a bit in "classifieds" i find a 77/22m, just what i'v been looking for....i got so "twitterpated" i jumped right in with both feet to get a trade offer out there ! never heard a word back after a few "PM's". i looked up orgl. thread, and it's a yr. old...DUH:s0114::s0114: ! one of the new guys found it , and it wasn't closed right, and he made an offer. soooo it brought the item back up on "classified" !
so i say, don't do as i do, do as i say.....always check orgl. post date, so you don't get caught in this mess !

just some thoughts ....steven

I dunno it's rather entertaining just saw a 20 month old ad posted by a newbie and never closed get bumped by another newbie asking if "it was still available", maybe it is, probably not.

How about we create a 'Knucklehead' sticky. Folks who do this get posted in it right up at the top of the respective classified section.
A public flogging as it were.

I might start a public campaign for this feature.
Mods?
I doubt anything will fully eliminate the issue but this could help. And take a page from Sheriff Joe, put their avitar/handle in pink. ;-)
Maybe thats the answer!
Change their avitar to some weird looking 'knucklehead' avitar with a tag that says 'I bubblegummed up'. Keep it on there for a few weeks.

How hard is it to pm someone???

Did you PM the offender?

I'm not sure what the big deal is about bumping your own add more than once a week, but them's the rules and I am happy to live with them. I'm REALLY glad I read enough around here to catch on that bumping adds more than weekty was a capitol sin!

Mike

Q: I see members replying to questions/comments all the time, and as long as they're valid Q's or bumps I didn't blink and eye and it seemed OK- then I got nailed for it. So on the 1 week rule, is it from You the OP's last post, or from the last post in the thread?

14. Follow these specific classified rules.

As many of our members know, we have probably tried just about every classified policy out there. In the end, freedom won out, and we have decided fewer rules are the way to go. Follow these and you should be fine:

2. Do not bump a thread more than once a weekMembers have permission to edit the original thread to add additional information, so please do so when possible.

I have had a few ads on here and I have always tried to state in colored lettering "Reply with PM's Only".
So far only one jackass has proven he flunked reading comprehension and he got ignored... Going to keep it that way.

Get'n old and cranky I guess?

You Do realize you could Simply close the ad Without the Bump:s0013:

When I close my ad or edit it to mark something sold it doesn't get bumped. I don't know what guys are doing wrong. I don't like all the "PM Sent" bumps. I usually just send a guy a PM, everyone in the world doesn't need to see that I'm interested in someones item.

I have had a few ads on here and I have always tried to state in colored lettering "Reply with PM's Only".
So far only one jackass has proven he flunked reading comprehension and he got ignored... Going to keep it that way.

Get'n old and cranky I guess?
it's "OK" to get old, and cranky ! i just turned "63", and i figured i can "flip" people off now, and just giggle !!

steven

I was gonna go to a type up in case there wasn't one, because you've done all you could but the sticky here:
<broken link removed>

Describes it perfect.

No REPORT THE POSTS!! Hopign eventually mods get tired of the same 4 experienced posters and all the newbs screwing up/making a jumbled mess and start blocking access to classifieds.

As posted above Bputz with 50+ feedback somehow can't figure it out and had 5+ violations yesterday yet still has access?!?!!? WTF.

My $0.02 I like that some sites require orginial ad with a price to be left in tact. It gives a nice tracking of going rates and whats selling and not.

the price listed in the ad is not always the selling price....when sold ad's should be deleated..

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads