JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

Resist the urge, RESIST THE URGE.......I so wan't to reply to that......"I'm not seeing any pictures" Resist the urge.

With all due respect you guys. Are you all going right to the classifieds evey time you log on here? I mean, there is sooo much information on NWFA to look at every day. It just seems a great waste of time to be on here looking for classified add violations and then going on to post the violations here, no?

Mike

Resist the urge, RESIST THE URGE.......I so wan't to reply to that......"I'm not seeing any pictures" Resist the urge.

With all due respect you guys. Are you all going right to the classifieds evey time you log on here? I mean, there is sooo much information on NWFA to look at every day. It just seems a great waste of time to be on here looking for classified add violations and then going on to post the violations here, no?

Mike

The only thing causing a waste of time is people not following simple rules.

The classifieds is where my bookmark is set for, I also hit the "New Posts" link and see what's going on. Yes, I go right to the classifieds when I log on, but no I'm not just looking for violations. Maybe they just seem so easy to see lately. :s0092:

The classifieds is where my bookmark is set for, I also hit the "New Posts" link and see what's going on. Yes, I go right to the classifieds when I log on, but no I'm not just looking for violations. Maybe they just seem so easy to see lately. :s0092:

Agreed...I've not been here long, but I DID read the rules for posting in the classifieds, BEFORE I posted. And then after reading the carping about posts in the classifieds I got an even better idea of what was AND was not acceptable.

Mike

Go take a hop in the rifle section- most of the first page is from noobs with less than 20 posts bumping their ads early or to close them!! This is getting old here.

OK do Supporting Vendors get cart blanc to do whatever? I thought ads should be combined to help clean things up and also keep down on the bumps but DOA is a man with a mission when it comes to keeping his ads pretty well filling first page

is it possible to have say, a 2 month inactivity timeout on a thread in the classifieds?

2 (or whatever) months without a bump, CLOSED: that would resolve a LOT of the crap.

Ping member:
"Due to the inactivity of your thread in the """""""" classifieds section, your thread has been automatically closed.
To reopen your thread please ...................

The above seems to be the simplest way. (if possible in vBulletin)

Old threads arne't nearly the issue the bumps are. We have vendor's breaking the rules non-stop, other vendors blatantly/purposefully bumping ads for no reason, BS convo's running in threads, etc.

While I realize Mods are working on this- this is RIDICULOUS!! Same members with multiple BTT violations day in and out, report them and they sit there. So in order for my ads to ever be seen do we just all say F the rules and do what we want or what>>>?

Sooo do we need to start testing people before they sign up??
" Thanks for the lesson. My stay has been enjoyable so far. To make your day better I will close my add. I had planned on keeping it open until tonight incase the sale falls through. According to the rules if I closed the add I would need to wait 7 days to repost, thus delaying additional advertising by a week. Best of luck to you. "....
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ha...pringfield-loaded-1911-45-acp.html#post577085

Oh yeah that was a bump to close/less than week bump violation after already being given a heads up on the fact!! Really? This explains alot of the problems in society, just saying.

You were dick to him, you bubblegum in his thread, he posted a reply in response to YOU, now you're posting in another thread tattle-tailing on him doing nothing wrong and complaining about the problems of society. GROW THE bubblegum UP.

And to add to the mess it appears the board don't care so I'll continue and join the masses of the walking slow and bump whenever. Seeing as Mods deleted pretty much everything but left the bumps. Alright.

And Uber- since you really are slow I'll help ya along again; This is the board comments area and as much as you don't understand, it's the area to put comments about the board like say a continual disrespect for the board rules in the classifieds section. Yes I did post some info on the thread hoping he'd take a second to read it and maybe, just maybe learn, not turn around and bump the thread again and show the general ignorance that abounds....

For the threads that get bumped after years/months being dormant and sold, maybe implement an automatic thread lock? Another forum I frequent locks a thread in the classified forums after 30 days of being started. Then it will be accompanied by a post that states something along the line of: PM the OP or an Admin/mod if you have any other questions. Ofcourse the accompanying post won't bump the thread, it would make the feature redundant.

Sorry if this has been said before.

It's been said, and I think it's as flawed of a system as THR's policy that first posts can't be edited after some time. The key to an old ad if you're curious if it's still available is to simple PM the OP

Here is my two-cents worth on this problem:

1. They have not read the posting rules?
2. They have read them, but have no reading comprehension skills to follow simple directions?
3. They cannot read?
4. They Just do not care, screw everyone else, I got what I want. (aka as Rude)
5. Do not own a calender that can count to seven for them?

**** The mods on here are doing a steller job but I believe they are possibly overwhelmed by these people as they cannot be everywhere at one time.
I am starting to have doubts about renewing my bottom level sponsership when it comes due as it is frustrating to see your ad bumped from the top to page 2 or 3 in less than an hour by the extra bump problem.

Just say'n

mjd

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR