JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Some members brought up in another thread that when they click on the "close ad" button they must type in a reason........ ie to mark the item sold.

This function is bumping the ad to the top.

This should not be the case.

I seem to be able to do it, but I am using the administration function.

Yeah the admiastrative function is how I do it now. But if it's your thread it gives you the option in the quick reply box to click the close thread box, but you MUST enter text to be able to click the "post quick reply" button. It was the first way that I figured out how to close my ads, and promptly recieved an infraction. Or maybe it was a warning, really can't remember now. But either way, I PM'd the mod who gave it to me asking what the deal was. And received nothing back. So I figured it out on my own to do it the other way. Just thought maybe some help on how to do it a different way would have been more in order, versus being reprimanded. As after all I was just using a site function. I'm done whining now. :)

I ended up just going in under the edit feature and then closing the ad before hitting the save changes. All done and no bumping of the ad.

This is how I do it, too.
I think that bumping an ad just to say it's sold is a bit of an annoyance. I don't think it's a BIG deal, but would rather not have to wade through the closed ads when I'm looking.

Also, I'm super cool with having a waiting period to bump an ad. (even if it's my ad!):s0112: Otherwise it will degrade to craigslist.:p

Has the idea been floated to remove ads once the item is closed as sold? As an example, over at iFish.net - once an item (or all the items) in a classified is gone, the member is supposed to inform the mods the item is gone, and they remove the whole thread. Since we have the option to close threads here - maybe the option to delete said thread could be instituted, or maybe once every few days the mods of the classifieds clean house of the closed threads, so that the only ads visible are viable ads still?

I personally don't like the idea of deleting old threads for items that have sold. It really helps other guys out there selling firearms to see the going price on some of these models.

That's what I use them for anyways, just my 2¢

I personally don't like the idea of deleting old threads for items that have sold. It really helps other guys out there selling firearms to see the going price on some of these models.

That's what I use them for anyways, just my 2¢

Most people (myself included) usually delete the content of their ads once the item sells for privacy reasons (don't like people being able to search everything I've owned/bought/sold), so leaving up the old ads instead of completely deleting them so people can check what items actually sell for doesn't always do much good.

Not everything sells for the asking price in the ad either, which also makes using old ads as a price reference more difficult.

Some gun forums won't allow you to edit an ad at all, whether it's sold or not. All you can do is close it.

Personally, I think the classifieds are fine the way they are, just as long as the mods keep the riff raff, spammers, and people who continually refuse to follow the rules to a minimum.

Nice gun. I had one of those once. sold it. hope you sell yours. I dont' know anything about it. Free bump for you. You owe me.

This is almost like Mad Libs.

Bump for a nice gun. Killed my first/many deer/elk with mine before I sold it. Surprised yours hasn't sold.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top