JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For an everyday carry piece?
Hands down, the HK P7 either in the PSP or M8 versions. Slim, safe, accurate and sexy.
Here's my 1980s vintage German Police issue PSP after a refinish with Parkerization and Cerakote.

Photo courtesy of Twisted Firearms...

Ultimately I'd strongly suggest that you buy a pistol based on how well it fits your hands and how well you shoot it. For context, I've owned the following 9mm pistols:
- Browning HiPower
- Walther PPS
- S&W M&P
- HK P7 PSP

I've shot a lot more and I sold most of the above list except for the P7 and the MP. I didn't set out to buy the M&P until I shot one in a competition stage sponsored my S&W...I shot it well, better that I would have shot it with my other guns...so I went out and bought one and have no regrets...it has a rubbery trigger and is pretty unrefined- but it fits me and I shoot it well...same with the P7.
The smoothest 9mm I've ever shot was a custom STI race gun-it was amazing but I'd never think about carrying one.

I tricked out a brigadier 92fs inox, bought and sold many glocks, played with belgian high powers, and have given smith and wesson's 1911 9mm a workout. Ultimately, I think the Kahr K9 elite is the best shooting, best engineered, and prettiest 9mm a guy can buy. I have small hands and find that I am most accurate with a single stack gun. The kahr design is elegant simplicity, and shoots incredibly well for such a small barrel.

It is worth your time to at least trial an all steel kahr..... I don't have any experience with their polymer offerings, because I don't believe in plastic guns.

If you really want the ultimate 9mm, I also suggest (and own) a S&W 547. All the benefits of a revolver and no moon clips.

If you're like me,no matter what you buy or how much you spend; you're going to want more than one. I have three 9mm's, a Beretta M9A1, a Nazi Browning Hi Power, and the afore mentioned S&W 547. They are all pure joy to shoot. Prolly wouldn't mind having a CZ 75...........ah crap, see what I mean; now I have to go shop. Dammit

Almost forgot about my '37 Nazi Luger, also pure fun to shoot.
Maybe I need to demo one of those Sig's too. ;)

You Got it ..BKB000!!!!

I have had over 7,000 rounds through mine with nary a burp! Accurate out to 300 yards on a silhouette target. Consistent tight groups at 75 yards.....and close in, flawless perfection with no bells and whistles to think about.....Draw...Shoot....Enjoy!

My G17 has been super, right out of the box....my 17L provides no noticeable increase in accuracy....I can hit the X or 10 rings on a B27 target equally at 50 yards, with both.

My favorite current full size 9MM is a BHP detective short slide.. 17 shots and more concealable than a standard BHP

For a compact BUG the Firestar M43 in nickel is hard to beat

Does anyone really think a Glock is a smooth handgun? Nothing against them, I have two, but I would prefer something that doesn't squeak or rattle when I pull the slide back, hence the original question.

Update to OP, I've decided to go with the Sig P210 Legend, but the Larue PredatAR 7.62 interrupted that order. Delayed until Christmas. :(

Smooth enough to do the job! The noise you hear is what makes them work so well. Besides, you are supposed to shoot them, not do the shake!
All I know, after owning several, starting in 1986 and having shot nearly every brand of handgun in the world... over 37 years ....they work very well, are very accurate, lightweight and are simple to operate. I was instrumental in getting them in my Dept. back in 1990 and hundreds of departments have gone to them also. Most officers' range scores have gone up dramatically because of the natural point and the ease of which they operate.

That's just my 2 cents...everyone has different preferences that's why they make guns, motorcycles, cars and women in so many variations!

Yes sir! Laugh all you want.

Offhand too...no rest! You want to hold my target for me?;)

Yes I do. Forgive my leeriness but this is the internet. Not saying it can't be done, and IF you can it's not an attribute to your gun....it's your technique. I live in Jackson Co and would appreciate a heads up the next time this is going to be done or you can come to a range here off of Hwy 140, decent range, and do it because I would love to see it. You must have a video of this?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top