JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
is it too late to get in on this
i know im a newbe here
but i have
1) ak-builder rivet jig
2) ak-builder rail alignment tool
3) ak- builder receiver flat bending jig
4) ak-builder trigger guard riveting jig
5) both 7mm and 5mm reams for reaming out the axis pin holes

all i am laking is spot welding for the rails

Yeah I'm still waiting for most of my parts to ship. All I've gotten so far is the parts kit.

Edit: Scratch that, my Montana Rifleman barrel from Arms of America just came! Now for the receiver...

do you know anyone who could help me spot weld my lower bolt guide rails in
any help would be appreciated
thanks

I have a Harbor Frieght spot welder with an AKbuilder.com arm and contact point, Akbiulder.com rail jig and the correct spacer to get them even and square down the receiver.

Who is willing/able to host a build party?
Let's line up a location first, then we can work on lining up the necessary tools.
Later on we'll see when all interested parties can get their parts lined up and then we can schedule a date.

who can help me spot weld my rails in as this is all i need right now for my projects

Where are you at? Are you going to go to the gun show this month? I live in Puyallup and work in Renton. I have everything to do your rails. Have you heat treated them yet? Have you anealed them yet? I am less than a mile from the fairgrounds in Puyallup. So if you are going to go to the gun show it would be easy to swing by and do your rails. It only takes about 20 min. total.

hi sir
i think my place has a problem as i have an ak builder spot welder and it blows my breakers as the ones that i can plug into are 20 amp breakers
as for heat treating and anealing this has not been done yet
i live in seatac would it be possible to come to you to get this done
as i think my place is electrically challenged

hi sir
i think my place has a problem as i have an ak builder spot welder and it blows my breakers as the ones that i can plug into are 20 amp breakers
as for heat treating and anealing this has not been done yet
i live in seatac would it be possible to come to you to get this done
as i think my place is electrically challenged

Are you going to go to the Jan22-23 gun show? You can swing by then or we can work something else out. I have no problem doing at my place. If you have not heat treated anything yet, it will take a little longer. Anealing is a slower process, takes about a half hour to complete.

if not a bother i have 3 receivers needing rail work
if i understand correctly only the ejector needs heat treated
should i heat reat both rails before coming over as i have a mapp torch to accomplish this task
thanks so much in advance

well i got my lower bolt guide rails installed and , ejectors trimmed , started fitting the mags on my 3 new freinds
so far so good,
just need to install center pins, heat treat , blue, and onto assembly

2011-01-23_16.41.17.jpg

2011-01-23_16.43.30.jpg

2011-01-24_17.18.26.jpg

2010-12-23_10.05.23.jpg

Looking good Earnie. Judging from the Cleco's, I bet you work at Boeing.
no boeing here, however i am an aircraft mechanic, and the cleco's work great for test fitting these together while fitting up the magwell, trimming the ejector, and just general mock up
thanks for the compliment i should post pics of the sisters all together as they are being born, 2 fixed stock romys , 1 romy underfolder,

Can you guys add another? I just joined today. I have 4 Romy kits, and a RPK kit that have been collecting dust. I would at least like to build 2, and could possibly sell the others to someone who is a virgin to building like myself, and lives locally. All the Romys have been de-milled, and I have two rivit kits. If accepted, should I order some Tapco pre drilled flats?

I'd also like to be added if possible. I've been looking for a source of information (preferably from someone who's done AK builds). I'm new to the Seattle area and don't really know many people yet and was hoping to learn how to get into kit building. I'd be willing to pay for someone's equipment and time to show me.

Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR