JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have spare rivets if you want a few to do your trigger guard.....due to work I most likely won't be attending a build party. If you ever want to come to this side of the water on a weekend I can help you rivet in your trunnions. I work weekends @ a machine shop(have the shop to myself) and could help one evening after work. We have a 75-100 ton press and I have all the necessary riveting tools.

Yes, I can use some rivets, I will shoot you a PM.

ok....so someone should get a list together of who wants to attend and what equipment each person can bring to the build party....who wants to host the build party?...I assume this should take place somewhere in the greater Seattle area

Lets start the list here. (Just copy and paste and add info as necessary)

NAME: TOOLS:
davidgpo shop press, dremel

If I am able to attend I can bring...

shop press
TG jig
Rivet tool for front trunnion
rear and front trunnion rivet hole locater(for locating rivet holes in flats)
various punches, drills, die grinder
a punch for forming rivet heads on rear trunnion rivets

When weling in the rails I have always plug weled them with my TIG welder....I do not have a spot welder and if no one is able to come up with one I have a MIG set up I could bring that would do the trick

I would suggest doing all the demill before the build party so everyones time is spent building. If anyone needs help demilling a kit I can help....having a machine shop to play in makes it easy

I have all the tooling and then some to build AK's. I also have everything to Blue, parkerize or DuraCoat the guns once done. I have built a few for myself. I am located on the Eastside near Redmond WA.

DSC_5983.jpg

DSC_4473.jpg

DSC_4474.jpg

DSC_4475.jpg

DSC_4476.jpg

Barrel Threading

DSC_4098.jpg

AK Pistols

DSC_8065.jpg

DSC_8066.jpg

DSC_8067.jpg

All work is performed by me.

YOU can't just add a serial number. An FLL with a manufacturing license needs to add a serial number, city, state and manufacturer on it and it must be run through the ATF. Celtic Armory on here built some for me.

With the proper equipment it is easy to make your own receiver, with it being just as functional and looking almost as good(depending on how you cut your top rails) as a NDS. But to each his own....

True, but this is the only one I'm going to build for a while (unless I get the "fever"... lol) so I want to make it look as good and as close to "Mil-spec" as possible. Plus I like added details of the top rail step-down and selector markings (I'm ponying-up for an NDS-1).

Does anybody have jig to stamp the rail step-down? That might make me reconsider...

Doesn't say anything about needing a manufacturing license or anything about running it through the ATF in 27 CFR 478.92

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations: (<broken link removed>)

That's exactly what that link says:

(a)(1) Firearms. You, as a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer of firearms, must legibly identify each firearm manufactured or imported as follows:

(i) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame or receiver thereof an individual serial number. The serial number must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed, and must not duplicate any serial number placed by you on any other firearm. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than1/16inch; and

(ii) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of this information must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch. The additional information includes:

(A) The model, if such designation has been made;

(B) The caliber or gauge;

(C) Your name (or recognized abbreviation) and also, when applicable, the name of the foreign manufacturer;

(D) In the case of a domestically made firearm, the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the manufacturer maintain your place of business

As a licensed FFL you MUST do the required paperwork and actually transfer the item to the end user.

So in closing: You can bend and build as many AK's as you want but they cannot be sold legally. If you wish to sell a rifle you have built at a later date then you need to go through the proper channels and actually purchase a bent receiver or have an 07 FFL make one for you. ;)

That's exactly what that link says:

(a)(1) Firearms. You, as a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer of firearms, must legibly identify each firearm manufactured or imported as follows:

(i) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame or receiver thereof an individual serial number. The serial number must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed, and must not duplicate any serial number placed by you on any other firearm. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than1/16inch; and

(ii) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of this information must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch. The additional information includes:

(A) The model, if such designation has been made;

(B) The caliber or gauge;

(C) Your name (or recognized abbreviation) and also, when applicable, the name of the foreign manufacturer;

(D) In the case of a domestically made firearm, the city and State (or recognized abbreviation thereof) where you as the manufacturer maintain your place of business

As a licensed FFL you MUST do the required paperwork and actually transfer the item to the end user.

So in closing: You can bend and build as many AK's as you want but they cannot be sold legally. If you wish to sell a rifle you have built at a later date then you need to go through the proper channels and actually purchase a bent receiver or have an 07 FFL make one for you. ;)

Yeah I deleted that right after I posted it. Missed the first line, haha :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads