JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I and a couple bright/resourceful young friends would also love to attend one of these. None of us has dipped so much as big toe in the BIY pool, but we all have special 'dream ak' projects in mind.

If somebody is set up to get us going with a little guidance, please chime in!

oh man.

i've had experiences (and heard second hand) with overzealous nitwits in positions of authority to make the trip there.

but hey, i got a few parts kits today (bulgy underfolder) so, now, i'm definitely on the trail to fold up some receivers.

i'll bring the beer.

Im down here in Sacramento now, and moving up to WA soon. There are ALOT of build parties around here. In fact, Ive even hosted one myself. Building my first AK from a Flat. it was tough, but I learned sooo much. Calguns.net is a great resource for build info... and, they have some great "sticky" threads to help you plan a build party if you try one.

Ive been wanting to try a PSL build ;)

I'd be up for a build party. I recently moved up from louisiana, where we had build parties about 4times a year......I have a 20T press and a few home made riveting tools, barrel press etc. All I need to locate is a flat jig.....but I'm in for a build party.

I have yet to get a kit.....but should be ordering one up tomorrow.

I have acess to mills and lathes, I work in a full service/jobber machine shop, so if someone would be using a virgin barrel I could help them headspace it and drill the FSB GB RSB pin holes prior to the build party

i'll second the interest in a seattle area build party. i also have a riveter built on a bolt cutter i'd like to try out.

i havent built one yet, and i'm also dying to try my hand at this. i have a couple of 'done' recievers that just need the rivet & headspace treatment.

would love to have an experienced eye and oversight on my first try.

I also have a bunch of parkerizing solution and have a new park tank in the works if anyone wants to refinish their AK afterwords.

I usually park and gunkote my builds, which I can help with if anyone is interested.

At the machine shop we also have a heat treat oven I could use to bake barreled recievers after being painted with gunkote.

I'd be up for a build party. I recently moved up from louisiana, where we had build parties about 4times a year......I have a 20T press and a few home made riveting tools, barrel press etc. All I need to locate is a flat jig.....but I'm in for a build party.

I have yet to get a kit.....but should be ordering one up tomorrow.

I have acess to mills and lathes, I work in a full service/jobber machine shop, so if someone would be using a virgin barrel I could help them headspace it and drill the FSB GB RSB pin holes prior to the build party

EGANX, If you need a flat bending jig research this link:
The AK Files Forums - Guaging interest for bending jig rental/bending partys

This jig has been floating around the country for the past 6 years. Let us know when you want to get started.

EGANX, If you need a flat bending jig research this link:
The AK Files Forums - Guaging interest for bending jig rental/bending partys

This jig has been floating around the country for the past 6 years. Let us know when you want to get started.

I didn't know that jig was still going around. I'm new to this area and don't know anyone but would assume a jig could be found locally. I heard a guy I grew up with has taken up home builds and has a jig.....I just need to track him down.

If nothing turns up I might get in line for the travailing jig

I have good news and bad news.....The good news is I'm waiting on a call back from my friend about borrowing his jig.....teh bad news is I work thurs-mon. So I wouldn't be able to attend a build party(assuming it would take place on a weekend, when most normal folks have off) unless the work load lightens up, which it doesn't appear to be doing any time soon.

OK everybody....I have ALL the tooling to put an AK together. I have the bending jigs, rivets tools, reamers, shop press, spot welder, demilling trigger gaurd tools, Acelatean(?) torch for heat treating. All my tooling is from AKbuilder.com. Curtis is a real nice guy and has made aircraft quality tooling. I have built 9 AK's now of different variants. Every one works like is suposed to. I am down south in Puyallup. If somebody has a place for a few people to set things up....I can bring the tooling and the knowledge I have learned from trail and error. rdb241

All my tooling is from AKbuilder.com. Curtis is a real nice guy and has made aircraft quality tooling

ya... a big :s0155: for Cutris @ AK builder. He is a great guy, has great customer service, well made products, and can be very helpful if you run into problems with your build. I buy all my build parts from him....

for inspiration.....had about $250 in this one

ak2.jpg

ak.jpg

$250? Sold! Wrap it up! ;-)

Looks nice Eganx. That is some inspiration. I just took my Polish underfolder to the range and discovered the trigger guard rivets have come loose. I'm going to take some rivets from my Romy kit to use as replacements.
Looking for more rivets.

David

$250? Sold! Wrap it up! ;-)

Looks nice Eganx. That is some inspiration. I just took my Polish underfolder to the range and discovered the trigger guard rivets have come loose. I'm going to take some rivets from my Romy kit to use as replacements.
Looking for more rivets.

David

I have spare rivets if you want a few to do your trigger guard.....due to work I most likely won't be attending a build party. If you ever want to come to this side of the water on a weekend I can help you rivet in your trunnions. I work weekends @ a machine shop(have the shop to myself) and could help one evening after work. We have a 75-100 ton press and I have all the necessary riveting tools.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top