JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I posted the same original posting on another gun forum, and then the follow-up that President Trump might enforce the quarantine in some way in the vicinity of NYC. A fellow from North Carolina replied early this morning:

Unfortunately that didn't happen.
we went out and about today to fill a prescription and I can't tell you how many out of state tags I counted from north of the mason dixon line.
We live in a rural area but unfortunately there is a resort nearby and it's full of New York, New Jersey and various other out of state tags. People are bailing out to their second homes, condos and rentals. Spending 6-700 bucks to stock up and clearing the local shelves.
So far only one county in NC has set up road blocks to check for non locals (Graham co.) and I doubt our co will do anything like that.

I posted the same original posting on another gun forum, and then the follow-up that President Trump might enforce the quarantine in some way in the vicinity of NYC. A fellow from North Carolina replied early this morning:

Unfortunately that didn't happen.
we went out and about today to fill a prescription and I can't tell you how many out of state tags I counted from north of the mason dixon line.
We live in a rural area but unfortunately there is a resort nearby and it's full of New York, New Jersey and various other out of state tags. People are bailing out to their second homes, condos and rentals. Spending 6-700 bucks to stock up and clearing the local shelves.
So far only one county in NC has set up road blocks to check for non locals (Graham co.) and I doubt our co will do anything like that.
I made a similar post on a car forum referencing Californians fleeing to their second homes in Idaho. Post was censored and I was accused of spreading fake news and "discriminating against Californians". When I attempted to defend myself I got banned. Full disclosure, I've had an ongoing feud with management about censorship but this was apparently the last straw.
It's amazing to me how willing so many are to give up their rights and loudly shame anyone who questions government overreach.

@notazombie good insights. See my earlier post about even Quebec tossing up roadblocks now. Those polite Canadians, eh? ;)

I am originally from Canada so I figure I can get away with that joke...

PS: Canadians rioted over a hockey game in Vancouver, BC in approximately 2011. I periodically remind my Canadian friends that they are not beyond chimpanzee-like behaviors given the right situation.

This is mind blowing. Putting politics aside for a minute (52 seconds, actually), a company called Tectonix used proprietary tracking software and cell phone location data to map the movement of mobile devices over a 2-day period Mar 22-24. 580,000 mobile devices left NYC and fanned out across the country. For maximum viewing pleasure, watch on full screen. BTW, I'm not endorsing their conclusions, I just think the demo is an eye opener.

PS. You ARE being watched.

As I said previously, those from NY City and the surrounding burbs are self-imposing people in terms of their spreading their antigun political ideas, self-centered ideas, and now, their virus. Unfortunatley we have many of them in Portland with their adverse antigun ideas. Californians that move here with their antigun ideas, have similar, if not worse imposing political narcissism.

Worth the paper it is printed on.
20200328_162502.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews