JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently own a Springfield XD tactical model Bi-tone w/ the 5 inch barrel.. I have been on the fence as to if i should sell it and go for the XDm .45. Through digging in resources I've found the only difference is smoother shooting, and really the only reason to move to an XDm would be for the "latest & greatest". Any opinions and/or personal experience would be great! Thanks

I currently own a Springfield XD tactical model Bi-tone w/ the 5 inch barrel.. I have been on the fence as to if i should sell it and go for the XDm .45. Through digging in resources I've found the only difference is smoother shooting, and really the only reason to move to an XDm would be for the "latest & greatest". Any opinions and/or personal experience would be great! Thanks

The XDm has a match grade barrel and also the adjustable backstrap. If your XD fits your hand perfectly, and you like it fine, you'd get by cheaper just buying a match grade barrel. If you plan to use it to introduce other people to shooting, the XDm's changeable backstrap may make the gun more comfortable for someone else.

There is the obvious itch for something new. Go with what you think you'll be happy with. My recommendation is to buy before you sell, if you can come up with the cash.

I am selling one of my XD45's this week so that I can get the XDm45. In my opinion, the XDm is not just 'a new XD.' The grips, slide, sights, barrel, backstraps, and trigger are all different. When my brother was looking for his first handgun last spring, he decided on the XDm. I told him the extra $100 or so over the XD wasn't worth it. I admit that I was wrong. YMMV.

The XDm has a match grade barrel

BULLSH*T! I compared my XD .45 Tactical with the XD(M) .45 and there is nothing "match grade" about it!

I did a lot of digging with the XDMs....DO NOT TRADE YOUR .45 TACTICAL! They greatly improved the .40 and the 9mm. Both guns are a step up from their XD counterparts; however, the .45 model is just an XD with a changeable backstrap! Do not be fooled!

I am selling one of my XD45's this week so that I can get the XDm45. In my opinion, the XDm is not just 'a new XD.' The grips, slide, sights, barrel, backstraps, and trigger are all different. When my brother was looking for his first handgun last spring, he decided on the XDm. I told him the extra $100 or so over the XD wasn't worth it. I admit that I was wrong. YMMV.

This is true, but only with the 9mms and the .40s...it looks like they just slapped together the .45 just to get people to shut up about wanting a .45! Seriously, check it out yourself! The 9mms and the .40s are improved but not the .45s!

USMC1345 & Riot: I highly appreciate the replies, your insight will definitely be part of my decision on the matter. With more opinions and research, it seems i'm leaning towards keeping my tactical. In addition to the so called "match grade" barrel, the xdm also says it's equipped with a "match grade" trigger.. I've found a good video on comparing the two where the guy actually measures the trigger pull of both and finds the xd has a lighter pull than the xdm. YouTube - Springfield XD45 vs Springfield XDM45

Also, they sell kits to convert your XD tactical .45 acp to .460 Rowland! Really want to try that. Ballistics look to be between the .41 magnum and the .44 mag. Now there's a good gun to carry in the woods!

Also, they sell kits to convert your XD tactical .45 acp to .460 Rowland! Really want to try that. Ballistics look to be between the .41 magnum and the .44 mag. Now there's a good gun to carry in the woods!
sounds like a fun toy to look into, i'll have to check that out!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top