JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I am most impressed by the longevity of the B-52 aircraft which went into service in 1955, even in 2022 it's a vital long-range bomber...
Given the advancements in aircraft technology, it sill flies missions flanked by F-22 and F-35's.
Sorry for being slightly off-topic... I enjoy Mark Felton and like the video.

How about the Mameluke Sword, used by the Marines since 1825!

And you thought the M16 series had longevity as a weapon used by the U.S. armed forces!

USMC_Marmeluke.jpeg

In all seriousness, when was the last time a Marine actually went to combat with one of those and used it? 1826?
There was some strange stuff in WWII. For example, this dude killed Nazis with a longbow and also carried a broadsword.

Winston Churchill carried a Colt SAA. There were also cavalry on horseback.

I sure hope so, it looks awful sharp
If it wasn't Christmas (aka "family friendly" time) that would be the perfect setup for a marine/needle d*** joke.... but since it IS..... I'll leave it alone and not even mention it.

No point getting another checkmark by my name on Santa's naughty list before the presents are opened.... right!? ;)

Oops.....

Ya M2 and 1911 always come to mind, they have had a long run.

A mini gun is just a Gatling gun that is belt fed and has an electric motor to replace the crank.

Some things just got made right the first time around…

Not a marine but aren't those swords for formal dress and ceremonial only?

Seen and experienced lots of WWII firearms in use when deployed to Bosnia and Somalia.
When in the invasion of Panama...Some PDF troops shot at us with M1 rifles.

A firearm of good design , even if old , can still serve you well.
And while a Mauser 98 may not be my first choice of a combat rifle nowadays...it still does the job it was designed for.
Anyone who takes that lightly...may do so ...at their risk.
Andy

Not a Marine but aren't those swords for formal dress and ceremonial only?

Present day yes, of course. Not originally however. Regardless, it still stands as the longest running weapon issued to U.S. forces.

Just an interesting (to me anyway) tidbit of military/weapons history that I hope some found interesting.

Semper Fi and Merry Christmas everyone!

Model 1895 Steyr rifles taken as war reparations after WW1 by Italy were later used in Italian East Africa for many years. Some noted as being used in Somalia as late as the 1990's. Many of these filtered out and around to other parts of east Africa. Many were captured by the British in 1941-43 and sent to India where some are said to now be used for sporting purposes. 8x50R ammo was or still is made in India (".315 Indian").

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top