JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
La Center
State
Washington
Zip Code
Would like to trade a fresh 1lb bottle of H1000 for 1lb of Retumbo. Looking to see if Retumbo performs better than H1000 in my 7PRC.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Would like to trade a fresh 1lb bottle of H1000 for 1lb of Retumbo. Looking to see if Retumbo performs better than H1000 in my 7PRC.
If you make it down to Beaverton, I have a half pound of Retumbo from some 338 Lapua rounds I disassembled after I sold the gun. You're welcome to have it.
In 7LRM (bigger brother to 7PRC), I tried H1K and Retumbo and couldn't get any accuracy out of either.
On a whim, I tried H4831, which I thought would be too fast for 180s -- but I got faster velocities and 1/2 MOA accuracy out of it.
You might call ahead, but Beaverton Bi-Mart had H1000 and Retumbo (both!) when I stopped in on Friday. They were $59/lb.

I appreciate the offer and the info but unfortunately I don't see being out that way anytime soon. I do have a little bit of H4831sc I might try. Like you I thought it was too fast for the 180gr Hybrids.

I appreciate the offer and the info but unfortunately I don't see being out that way anytime soon. I do have a little bit of H4831sc I might try. Like you I thought it was too fast for the 180gr Hybrids.
I struggled to get a mv of 2900 out of Retumbo or H1K using a 26" barrel and Berger 180 VLDs. Accuracy was never tighter than 1.5moa at best. 4831 (not SC) gave me 3000 (spread of 2990 - 2998) with the 1/2 MOA accuracy. One correction though, H4831 was with Nosler 185 RDFs. I'd have to look up my B2O, but these were loaded to jump at least 20 thou.
Apologies for the thread-jack.

I struggled to get a mv of 2900 out of Retumbo or H1K using a 26" barrel and Berger 180 VLDs. Accuracy was never tighter than 1.5moa at best. 4831 (not SC) gave me 3000 (spread of 2990 - 2998) with the 1/2 MOA accuracy. One correction though, H4831 was with Nosler 185 RDFs. I'd have to look up my B2O, but these were loaded to jump at least 20 thou.
Apologies for the thread-jack.
No worries. I appreciate the info

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top