JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$100
Manufacturer
Norinco
Caliber
7.62x39mm
City
MILWAUKIE
State
Oregon
WTS: 7.62x39 CHINESE STEEL CORE IN STRIPPERS...
Chinese 81/71 Headstamp= Plant 81, 1971 mfg.
Copper washed, Steel Core, Corrosive.

This was called "Cop Killer" ammo by the Media :rolleyes:.
Banned from importation in 1994...
LEGAL TO OWN.
The Steel core was done to minimize the lead requirement.
But, it will make a BIG DENT in steel plate compared to regular Commie Commercial ammoz.;)

I have 340 rnds in 10 rnd strippers,
would like to sell as a package.
$100.00 buys it.

It sells on the net for a lot more IF you can find it...

Prefer to meet FTF SE PDX / Milwaukie area.
Don't want to ship....

100_7369-800.jpg 100_7411-800.jpg 100_7412-800.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Good deal. I already have a bunch. You should know that the term "Cop Killer" was well before this ammo ever was made. True "Cop Killer" ammo is armor piercing pistol caliber ammo. Like the Chech 9mm steel core steel jacket. Which was outlawed a couple of decades prior to the importation of steel core. But your are correct that is was banned in the sense of importation but possession was never outlawed. Good Luck!;)

Good deal. I already have a bunch. You should know that the term "Cop Killer" was well before this ammo ever was made. True "Cop Killer" ammo is armor piercing pistol caliber ammo. Like the Chech 9mm steel core steel jacket. Which was outlawed a couple of decades prior to the importation of steel core. But your are correct that is was banned in the sense of importation but possession was never outlawed. Good Luck!;)
YUP! I know......Bubba had become the Leader and Olympic Arms took an AR PISTOL to SHOT, and an Agent bought 1 and wham bam because the list for hand guns used a broader brush in was Placed into the "Cop Killer" Box.

The media jumped on it similar to what it does today.

But this 81/71 amo rapidly gained a reputation and it was rumored that it would blast clean thru a railroad rail....:eek::eek:..:po_O

Had a bunch long ago and never had any issues with it...
Ahh, the good old days...

YUP! I know......Bubba had become the Leader and Olympic Arms took an AR PISTOL to SHOT, and an Agent bought 1 and wham bam because the list for hand guns used a broader brush in was Placed into the "Cop Killer" Box.

The media jumped on it similar to what it does today.

But this 81/71 amo rapidly gained a reputation and it was rumored that it would blast clean thru a railroad rail....:eek::eek:..:po_O

Had a bunch long ago and never had any issues with it...
Ahh, the good old days...

Yeah you are partially correct. It was Olympic Arms but back in the early 90's you are talking about. Before that It was SGW. Schuetsen Gun Works. I live about 30 minutes from Olympic Arms. ATF went to SGW and challenged them to build a pistol version so they could have the arguement of the "cop killer" deal. Out of that came the OA95. Olympic Arms built in 1995. But the possesion of said ammo was never outlawed to own.

Last Edited:
Yeah you are partially correct. It was Olympic Arms but back in the early 90's you are talking about. It was SGW. Schuetsen Gun Works. I live about 30 minutes from Olympic Arms. ATF went to SGW and challenged them to build a pistol version so they could have the arguement of the "cop killer" deal. Out of that came the OA95. Olympic Arms built in 1995. But the posses of said ammo was never outlawed to own.
makes sense.
The SGW to Oly transition was fun.
I had an SGW STOP SIGN AR late 82, and it didn't say OLYMIC ARMS on the rcvr. Just OLY WA.
Great shooter.
And the crap being pilled during those Clinton yrs got crazy.
FFLs weren't supposed to sell it, but I remember warehouses of so-called restricted ammo piled up to the 14 ft ceilings...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.