JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Camas
State
Washington
Hi all. I'm new to reloading and ready to get started. I have a problem though. Same as most of y'all. Can't find primer anywhere. I'm thinking of driving to Livingston ID to CCI to purchase. Has anyone done this or looked into it? No worries. But if you have some you don't need please let me know.

thanks

Jon

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Hi all. I'm new to reloading and ready to get started. I have a problem though. Same as most of y'all. Can't find primer anywhere. I'm thinking of driving to Livingston ID to CCI to purchase. Has anyone done this or looked into it? No worries. But if you have some you don't need please let me know.

thanks

Jon

Welcome to the board.

Back in the last ammo and primer scare I actually tried buying directly out of Lewiston ID. I called before trying to knock on the door. Every FFL in town said the same thing "ya they make the stuff here, heck I have friends that work there. But even I can't get anything". CCI themselves do not sell direct. It's all loaded in semi trucks heading to distributors that put orders in months ago.

As for primers, just keep your head on a swivel. They pop up on the board.

If you're wanting to buy and willing to spend the current market rates, note it and I'm sure you'll have some sellers PM'ing you.

I'd be shocked if you could drive in to CCI buy direct, even if we weren't in the middle of a primer shortage

Likely the big issue is that the primer manufacturers are just sending the vast majority of those primers off the line straight to their ammo manufacturing lines. All those companies make their own ammo and I have to imagine the profit margins are greater on finished ammo than on raw primers. Plus that have to be saving a vast a decent amount of change on packaging since they don't have to put the primers in plastic boxes in side cardboard boxes...probably dumping them all into bags that can then be dumped into assembly lines. So yea...I don't see CCI doing anything special by selling directly to people at their door.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.