JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Snipershide has a Garand posted by SBSB1 on 23 May 2010 at 2:42pm. It is a winchester for $900, refer posting #1830567.

The Firing Line M14 site has two Garands : one by Bubbaroc posted on 5-10-10 @ 7:21pm. It is a Winchester for $1200.

Second one on TFLM14 was posted on 4-9-2010 at 8:46AM by Ron L. It is a springfield Armory for $850.

At those prices, I would be inclined to contact the DCM, Springfield Armory, Fulton Armory or someone else about one with a new barrel on it... You might try and find Glenn Nelson. I don't remember how to contact him, but he used to be known as one of the finest gunsmiths around for M1A/M14's, and Garands. I'm sure he could put you in touch with someone who has a really good one.

You might also try elitedealseeker.com to find out what is out there and about what everyone is asking for it. Before you start, change the part that tells the computer how many days you want to search from the "1" on the default, to 28. That way, the computer will search for any Garand ads for the past 28 days.

I just saw a bunch of them on Gunsamerica.com. They had some really neat ones...but I think $3500.00 is pretty spendy for a shooter of a Garand. Maybe that would be fine for a museum piece, but I would want a good shooter, and I would be terrified to shoot a 3500.00 museum piece out of fear that I would instantly turn it into a 1000.00 shooter.

I hadn't looked at the CMP site for a while. They have Garands with new stocks, new barrels, with everything else either rebuilt, refinished, or new parts for $995.00. I think you would be very hard pressed to find a better deal anywhere. Rebuilt with new barrels by the CMP is about as good a rifle (short of a tricked out national match) as you can find anywhere...and the price is fabulous.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.