JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Lake Oswego
State
Oregon
1650946003955.png
Looking for the 6 inch BL cool pistol. Hope we can work out a deal on this.

Thanks for looking the post. P1150932.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
These and all AMT guns have been gaining popularity. They have gone up in value about 25% in the last couple years. They still come up for auction regularly though. There is a very early one made in El Monte up on GB right now. Good luck in your search, and don't forget your wallet!

Thanks Mark, I will check the GB out.
I did try some auction site, adding 15% or 20% premium, it became a hurt to wallet:)
Yeah, and a lot more buyers since the start of the pandemic. I follow all AMT stuff with a couple buddies, and we believe prices my come back down, but of course you never know!

This is a good one! Thanks Mark.
Any suggestion about the price/quality?
I really haven't looked that closely. I can't even guess on price these days. A couple years ago a really nice one without the box was only 1300. I've seen people recently pay near 2000.00, which I think was crazy. I'm a collector and wouldn't look at one with an extension, I would tend to think it got used. The only way I know to tell is to look at the area where the slide slides above just general handling marksd

UNFORTUNATELY they used the same Rockwell hardness stainless for the frames/ slides... hammers/sears. And stainless is soft so they marred alot and surfaces such as sear to hammer engagement would wear down abnormally fast unless you case hardened them ( Loosing their stainless quality).. alot of smith's back in the day coined AMT = "American Made Trash"

UNFORTUNATELY they used the same Rockwell hardness stainless for the frames/ slides... hammers/sears. And stainless is soft so they marred alot and surfaces such as sear to hammer engagement would wear down abnormally fast unless you case hardened them ( Loosing their stainless quality).. alot of smith's back in the day coined AMT = "American Made Trash"
Yeah, as you say that is very old news. Have you checked recent values and appreciation shown by current collectors???????????????????????

Yeah it's crazy. If it's a safe queen for investment / occasional range shooting that's one thing but if it's a carry gun I'd think twice. It's like the DeLorean they have a cult following and l would love to have one but there are so many mechanical problems with them, even when they were new they wouldnt/didn't make a reliable commuter car. As a Smith I made a lot of money on amt's in the 80s and 90s.

Also mark, while it's old news to you and I, every once in a while I get someone (usually under 30) that wants to get one for carry because it looked cool in a movie or something, I then explain the metallurgy of firearms to them so they can make an informed decision.

Also mark, while it's old news to you and I, every once in a while I get someone (usually under 30) that wants to get one for carry because it looked cool in a movie or something, I then explain the metallurgy of firearms to them so they can make an informed decision.
Yeah maybe. I just think people on gun sites would rather trash something than look for the good. The guy here is shopping for a Long Slide. These were designed specifically to "look cool" and the designer was extremely effective in doing so. And I seriously doubt he intended on "carrying" it, you would assume him to be a little dim not knowing he could find a NIB warranted gun from the factory that would be twice as reliable for a quarter of the price.. As far as someone under 30 being uninformed. The most basic search will find dozens of old threads where people are trashing AMT's...old news.

Over here in Lincoln county we had a guy 5'2" tall, 120lbs, his carry gun was a fully engraved desert eagle in 50ae. In a leather shoulder holster. I joked with his family that he must have carried that for the extra weight so that the winds would not blow him away lol. So ya never know. One thing I've learned is that I don't know everything and I love it when someone shows me something I didn't know. Some people do their research and some may not have thought about it. Maybe I am wasting my time. I just want people to be informed and if they already know what I've posted they can say thanks but I know this already or ignore me. Anyway take it easy and happy shooting

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.