JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
357 Magnum
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Looking for my first 357. Anything carry size too full size. If Someone has one they're selling for a decent price maybe with some ammo to get me started as well, send me a message. I'd like to meet local to me if possible. Thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Looking for my first 357. Anything carry size too full size. If Someone has one they're selling for a decent price maybe with some ammo to get me started as well, send me a message. I'd like to meet local to me if possible. Thanks!
Just in case you didn't see it, this ad has a decent deal that ticks all the boxes for you, including willingness to meet up in Vancouver area.

Are you set on 357? I've got a cool little 44spl ad up and could meet in Vancouver.
Yea, I'm pretty set on wanting a 357. I did check your ad out though, that seems like a really nice one. I don't actually know anything about 44 spl and how it's ballistics compare. I own a 4 inch Rossi SS 38 spl that was handed down to me and that's my favorite handgun I own.

Yea, I'm pretty set on wanting a 357. I did check your ad out though, that seems like a really nice one. I don't actually know anything about 44 spl and how it's ballistics compare. I own a 4 inch Rossi SS 38 spl that was handed down to me and that's my favorite handgun I own.
Heavier and slower. Stronger than 38, weaker than 357 (which is really a 38 on steroids).

Great for suppressed shooting (44 spl is subsonic) and roughly comparable to 45 ACP otherwise, but with considerably more case capacity. What this means is that the 44 spl has a lot of potential for hand / re loaders to play and experiment with. Not much of an advantage if you don't tinker with your own loads (i.e. only use factory loads), however.

You may have heard of the 44 magnum; it's more or less a 44 spl on steroids.

If you're going to use only factory loads (which is fine; most shooters do this), think of the 44spl as a more expensive and harder to find 45acp with fewer options in regards to bullet construction and defensive loads. Defensive loads DO exist; I keep Hornady Critical Defense in my 44mag lever gun for this purpose, since 44mag out of a lever gun is a bit much for 2 legged predators where I live.

I absolutely LOVE shooting 44 spl out of that rifle at the range and ringing steel with it, though. Very soft shooting.

Hope that helps.

Heavier and slower. Stronger than 38, weaker than 357 (which is really a 38 on steroids).

Great for suppressed shooting (44 spl is subsonic) and roughly comparable to 45 ACP otherwise, but with considerably more case capacity. What this means is that the 44 spl has a lot of potential for hand / re loaders to play and experiment with. Not much of an advantage if you don't tinker with your own loads (i.e. only use factory loads), however.

You may have heard of the 44 magnum; it's more or less a 44 spl on steroids.

If you're going to use only factory loads (which is fine; most shooters do this), think of the 44spl as a more expensive and harder to find 45acp with fewer options in regards to bullet construction and defensive loads. Defensive loads DO exist; I keep Hornady Critical Defense in my 44mag lever gun for this purpose, since 44mag out of a lever gun is a bit much for 2 legged predators where I live.

I absolutely LOVE shooting 44 spl out of that rifle at the range and ringing steel with it, though. Very soft shooting.

Hope that helps.
Very good info, thank you! I've never fired 44 spl or 44 magnum and now it seems a bit intriguing to own something that uses one of those. I love the sound of a lever gun in that caliber

Very good info, thank you! I've never fired 44 spl or 44 magnum and now it seems a bit intriguing to own something that uses one of those. I love the sound of a lever gun in that caliber
If you're interested, and willing to travel down to me, you can try the 44spl as well as other big bore revolvers. Just message me.

I have a Smith&Wesson model 686 plus for sale thats basically brand new. Check out my post. Im a little flexible on price

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews