JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$10
City
Corvallis
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have pounds of this stuff that I will sell for $10 lb plus shipping. The Woods Metal I have is not from ROTO, it came from the hospital I retired from. I used ROTO's description for folks that are not familiar with it.

An ingot of Roto158F will average approximately 1 pound and consists of 50% Bismuth, 26.7% Lead, 13.3% Tin, 10% Cadmium. This alloy melts at approximately 158 degrees F.

Roto158F Fusible Alloy is used to anchor bushings in drill jigs, internal or external support of delicate parts for machining, cores for spinning, fusible mandrels in filament winding, fiberglass lamination, drop hammer and embossing dies, tube bending filler (up to 1 3/4" diameter), as a heat transfer medium in processing plastics, chemicals, etc. (up to 255 Degrees F), and shielding blocks for nuclear medicine.

Wood's metal, named for American metallurgist B. Wood, is also known as Lipowitz's alloy or by the commercial names cerrobend, bendalloy or pewtalloy

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
My add is a bit misleading. This woods metal did not come from Roto. It is pure woods metal and I copied from the roto site for information only.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top