JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your first call should be a call to your local Fire Dept for a copy of all the current regualtions for a wood burning appliance in your home. You can no longer just put any old stove in your home. At the very least it will void your fire insurance. No matter the stoves involvement in a fire or not.

The Stove and its complete installation will have to be inspected and signed off before it can be used. Copies of this will have to be on file with your insurance company.

I'm paraphrasing a lot but you get my jest.

It's illegal to sell an old uncertified woodstove for residential use so just be wary how you represent your purchase. Consider building one from a barrel kit, they are cheap and you can easily add a cooking surface

Not going to argue. Only trying to help. I have heated with wood and pellets for over 28 years now. And I can assure you unless you have an inspection and make SURE that what your doing is to Code it can turn out badly.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.