JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to have a M1C Thompson Carbine and broke an extractor. Kahr tech guy said it might have been because of Wolf ammo since the extractor has to ride over the casing. Other than that I've fired it through Glocks and Colts with no issues other than it is slightly dirtier that other ammo.

There does seem to be a sort of an "urban legend" out there that says the steel case will harm your gun.Think about it,the steel parts on your gun are much harder than the steel in the cartridge case,so as far as the gun is concerned,there's little difference between brass and softer steel.Russian cases are steel because that's a material that the Russians have in abundance compared to brass,so that's what they use...If the steel case legend was true,based strictly on the hardness of the metal,then you're best bet to avoid wear on your gun would be to shoot Blazer aluminum cased ammo...

I wish someone would do a test on steel cased ammo,brass and aluminum run the same amount of ammo using the same type of gun and then compare wear and any other issues on the 3 pistols,i will say this wolf 45 ammo was the only ammo that made my glock 21 choke.

The thing about Wolf steel cased ammo is that steel combined with the lacquer or plastic coating is not as slippery as brass. During extraction, any extra friction can cause a hang up. Brass upon firing will expand to the chamber walls slightly then contract back to close to its original dimensions. Steel expands but does not contract so it puts more friction against the chamber walls. Add the lacquer or plastic into the mix and things can slow down just enough to disrupt the extraction cycle. A tight match chamber would make it even worse.

I've heard and read this and it makes sense to me so I pass it on with disclaimer that I have no empirical scientific testing to back it up....:)

I dont know about the coating but i thinking that brass is less resistant to heat than steel and therefore gets hotter and expands to a greater size. Steel expands less, so less friction. Im not knowledgable in ammo, it just seems to make sense.

Great info guys, Thanks.