JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That'll do it.

No sympathy, me, for any of 'em. Face-planting - usually in Arizona off some big arch - at 120mph or so leaves nothing but a mess that some other poor klutz has to clean up.

Apparently there are husband and wife teams of these people, hoping to breed little wing-suiters.

Darwinners - every one of 'em.

Like my mom used to say - 'have fun, but clean up after you'.

tac

*Disclaimer - This is a test from site management to see how many people actually follow the link before they comment. Apparently it's 1 out of 3. It explains a lot, actually.

*Disclaimer - This is a test from site management to see how many people actually follow the link before they comment. Apparently it's 1 out of 3. It explains a lot, actually.
I shoulda not spilled the beans.
In all seriousness, it's probably much like getting smacked by the hand of God.. you going 120mph and all..
poor guy. RIP

Yes, I DID watch the link, but my response stands. I had the misfortune to be in Norway when one these dwongs planted himself at the bottom of a two-thousand foot high escarpment, bringing his birthday celebrations to an abrupt halt in front of his wife and proud parents.
Watching the emergency services hosing him into a couple bags and tweezing up the sundry bits of suit out of the gloop he'd made of himself was not what they had envisioned before blowing out the candles, but, as his mom noted 'he was doing what he loved'.. Yup, right up until the microsecond when the countryside hit him in the face.

tac

Someone strapped a jet pack to one of those. THAT was a fun video.... for approx 30 seconds of burn time, the wingsuiter actually gained altitude (in other words, he flew)... I believe even the US Military have developed camouflaged Wing Suits for their HALO operators, but I'm not sure what use would multicam be of in the skies... :rolleyes:

EDIT: that was a funny video with the Rio Jesus whack.

How many people die in skydiving accidents per year though?? Also, how many have died from either snapped bungee cords, or too long bungee cords?

My point is, people die everyday from stupidity.

I usually comment before reading the link, but there have been a lot of deaths in wingsuit flybys. You can only push the limits so many times before your luck runs out. Or darwin finally catches you.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top