JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Stopped by my local Walmart today & just had to check out thier guns.

One of the guns that caught my eye was a Windham AR-15. It appears to be quite a buy at $800.00. I have a Bushmaster Varminter but it's pretty heavy with the multiple optics I have on it & the 24" barrel. I thought a carbine with iron sights might be a good companion for the Varminter.

Am I missing something or is this a pretty good deal. And please, no long post about build your own because I feel I lack the knowledge & experience with AR's to bother.

Opinions appreciated! :)

Windham is a new start by the former head of Bushmaster from what I have been told. My boss bought several, right after I finished a Noveske build. Even Side by side with the Noveske, I was very impressed with the general fit and quality. IMO it needed a trigger, but I like a very nice trigger. I think its worth the money, and everyone I have asked (who's opinions I trust) have tended to feel the same. You may want to check to see if there is any reviews on AR15.com also, as I have no trigger time on one and can only comment on the fit and finish of the build and a bunch of opinions. =)

Hope that helps!

I've known Doug Price, the production manager at WW, on a professional level for a number of years, so I have a bit of insight. You are getting a gun with a materials and build quality level that far exceeds it's Walmart price. Think of it this way, you are paying well under cost + 10%.

Hope you bought it yesterday... it may be gone today. :rolleyes:

I shopped for a new AR-15 last weekend & decided to buy one today with all the gun legislation talk. The three stores I visited had sold most of thier AR's over the weekend. One store sold over 12 black rifles just on Saturday. Keep in mind I live in a very rural area where the largest city in a 50 mile radius is 10,000.

I decided to buy the SigSauer M400 with the CP1 scope. For $897.00 it seemed like the best buy. For some reason I liked the way it handled better than the Windham Weapons. That said, I am an old Sig Sauer man at heart & own many of thier handguns so that porbably played a bigger roll than I willing ti admit! Touch decisions!

At least I have my Christmas taken care of...I wonder if I should get something for my wife?

I live in Molalla and went into Walmart today but they did not even have a gun section in Woodburn so i will try Portland next. I got excited to see the Windham in my local gunstore until i saw the price of FOURTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!! :huh: i would much rather support my local gunstore but when i can buy 3/4s of another whole rifle for the difference i guess i gotta go shop at the cheap store... can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference between these Windham guns at my local store and the Windham ones at walmart??? like gold plating, diamond tipped charging handles, fingerprint identification on the safeties and retinal scans built into the scopes? or am i just paying my local gunstore 600 bucks to drive to walmart and pick the gun up for me. If that is the case i'll have them pick up some groceries, cat litter, and the new issue of Shotgun news and some more christmas lights and candy canes.

I live in Molalla and went into Walmart today but they did not even have a gun section in Woodburn so i will try Portland next. I got excited to see the Windham in my local gunstore until i saw the price of FOURTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!! :huh: i would much rather support my local gunstore but when i can buy 3/4s of another whole rifle for the difference i guess i gotta go shop at the cheap store... can anyone tell me if there is a huge difference between these Windham guns at my local store and the Windham ones at walmart??? like gold plating, diamond tipped charging handles, fingerprint identification on the safeties and retinal scans built into the scopes? or am i just paying my local gunstore 600 bucks to drive to walmart and pick the gun up for me. If that is the case i'll have them pick up some groceries, cat litter, and the new issue of Shotgun news and some more christmas lights and candy canes.

You're not going to find ANY firearms in ANY Portland Walmart stores...

Dang, looked on walmarts website, limited stock in Wood Village, Limited stock in Helens, and only store in oregon that carries full selection of guns seems to be Lebanon. no Windhams showing on the website but they do have Sig m400's just out of stock at all oregon stores. you can go on their website and link so that when the local store gets them in stock they will email you and let you know.

I have looked on their site a few times in the past and it always says limited stock. I then would call the store, get put on hold for a long time, then have someone who "doesn't work in that department" waste more time to not be "able to find anything like that." If you have to buy there you might as well drive there and get the full Walmart experience

1stklass, I'm not sure where you got your OR walmart gun info, but the walmarts in the Eugene and Roseburg all have a decent rifle/shotgun selection last time I checked. Fred Meyer also sells guns in the more rural stores.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top