JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you still have the front sight hood or did it not come with one. Nice looking. Been hunting with several Pre 64's for 50 years. Have a few classics also. Have one of the first Davidson 300 rum's before Winchester cataloged them.

This rifle didn't have the hood when I bought it. In fact, I had it for a little while before I noticed the sight is actually broken. I have a replacement sight, but still need to dig up a hood.

Always a huge fan of the 70, but after some study I am looking for another weatherby mark v. An even stronger action and some wildly powerful cartridges. Pricewise a Weatherby used competes well against model 70's. As an anti materiel rifle, it ought to do well :)

I bought a well used pre war model 70 for real cheap years ago. The price was low because some family member grabbed the top quality model 70's out of an old guys collection right after he passed away, before any of the other inheritors could show up, but he didn't think about the serialized bolts that were stored separately.
Kinda ruins the guns value when you have a second year made model 70 with a 1956 rifles serial numbered bolt to go with it.