JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For sale or trade is this Winchester model 70 made in 1941. Not a whole lot of these still on the market. Nice clean piece offered in 30GOVT06 with Limer 3X7X30 scope. Not a lot I can say that the photos don't show. Serial #31XXX. Nice clean bore and functions fine and extracts with ease. I didn't do the bench thing for a group as I'm not much of an accuracy shooter. I looked all over the net and the blue book and came up with a price of $900 which is in the middle ground. I will entertain offers and trades for revolvers in Colt, Ruger or Smith with some good cash in my pocket. I am in Lebanon and will meet with a serious buyer along the I-5 corridor. The further I have to drive the better the deal has to be. Legal fees are on the buyer's dime. Best to contact me by PM or at 541-401-1063, I don't text. I will answer questions as best I can and can send other photos on request. Thanx for looking.

MVC-093S.JPG MVC-094S.JPG MVC-095S.JPG MVC-096S.JPG MVC-097S.JPG MVC-098S.JPG MVC-099S.JPG

Last Edited:
I think you have this one confused with the Model 52 Winchester 22 LR which has some finish missing at the bottom of the stock. I'm thinking a cat marked his territory but not sure. The only thing on this model 70 would be the recoil pad as far as I know. Hope this helps. Louie

I tell yah boys, good help like this is hard to find. I any of you are interested in making a deal on this I'm listening. The rest of it is nothing but diarrhea of the well know orifice.

I have nothing confused your photo clearly shows a distinct difference in the finish just forward of the Butt Pad which is not an original part of the rifle in the photos. SO I ASKED about it. If the finish has been damaged it would greatly effect my willingness to spend this much money on the rifle.

I wasn't directing my remarks to you but the other fellow. I felt that he was way out of line inserting himself into the conversation. At any rate, I took a close look and a photo of the butt stock and it does look like some alteration was made to accommodate the recoil pad. If you have a serious interest in the rifle let me know where you would want to be taking into account the butt stock. I do apologize if I offended you with my remarks. I really thought you had the model 52 in mind as it had obvious finish damage.

MVC-007S.JPG

I have nothing confused your photo clearly shows a distinct difference in the finish just forward of the Butt Pad which is not an original part of the rifle in the photos. SO I ASKED about it. If the finish has been damaged it would greatly effect my willingness to spend this much money on the rifle.
Looks like the finish was damaged when the butt pad was ground or sanded to fit. This is usually avoided by using masking tape. Length of pull would tell you if the stock was cut to accommodate the recoil pad. Nice rifle tho.

I like the rifle too, but most of the collector value went out the door when the recoil pad was installed. Regardless of any finish damage. It's also been drilled and tapped on the rear bridge. The type 1 receivers were only d&t on the front bridge. The rifle was made in 1940 as well. Do you know what the hole spacing is on the rear bridge? It won't be your typical winchester .860", as your rifle has a clip slot, which will make the hole pattern smaller than your typical model 70. The vintage scope is actually pretty cool and looks good on the rifle. As for blue book value: You aren't going to find any book that tells you what that rifle is worth. IE, You will have to do a search on places like gunbroker for similar "shooter" grade pre 64 model 70's. Best of luck to you on the sale of this rifle.

Thank you for your input. It has been an interesting trip posting this rifle. I have had various people correct me on the year of mfg. I just did the best I could with the information I could call up. '40 or '41, close enough for me, it is pre-war and that seems to be a factor. I did indeed look these up on the for sale sites and I didn't find anything that compared to what I have for less than what I have mine posted for so I more or less use that for a base line. Mine does offer trades and OBO. I have had only one trade offer and nothing in that offer for me. I had three somewhat rare or sought after pieces posted and very little real interest when it comes to the cash hitting my hand but fortunately none of them are a drag on me, I like them all. With that, thank you again for your positive input.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.